Anyone Used The Service "miami A Tu Casa" ??

The "draconian" regulations regarding international mail exist since 1973.
Hold on a second. When I first arrived in 2005 I don't recall any restrictions on the amount of parcels I could receive via post or courier. Please explain more.
The change this goverment made was to stop corruption at the International mail office because now, there, is no cash. You have to pay through VEP and you need a dni for that. So, they stop the mail contraband.
And I thought it was all about capital flight of dollars. Silly me.

So, again, WTF are you talking about?
Read my post again.

It is not cruel but sadistic to pretend that the law matters (when one breaks it to receive a Christmas jigsaw) in a country, society and system that encourages petty corruption as at least reasonable.
Because el que no llora no mama y el que....

That said I have say this (well I don't reall have to but my personality says otherwise...). I've been participating in online discussion forums for a long long time and have never seen as many bitchy, whiny little babies as some of you come across in your comments.
It's the nature of the beast. Get over it.

When I am a guest in another country It is my responsibility to respect the people, their laws,. Customs, and courtesies; blow them off and brag about it.
Who's bragging about it?

[/rantoff]

@bajo cero: it s bot difficult to understabd thug come buroKrat mentality but it s very hard to accept it vecause it s grossly unfair.
Fairness, once coded, ceases to be comprehensible to those who make a living off tge code. I don t expect you to understand it. Unfortunately you mighy live it in your own flesh when the next or next to the next arministration holds you responsable for "selling out the fatherland to the Chinese Communisy Party"

It's ridiculous that a visitor or tourist as you say can't receive a package. When I worked at the ritz carlton in Barcelona we received packages in care of guests who were coming all the time. Sometimes just shipping something they'd need but didn't want to lug around with them around Europe first (luxury problems)...no interrogation, or taxes, or punishment.

I'm from Texas and rather than mail me a birthday gift here, my parents are sending me a package to London where I'll be in 2 months to pick it up.

Bajo you can defend the law because it's the law all you want, and you can be right, but how can you even begin to act like it's reasonable and a normal way to live!?

Even when you are trying to respect everyone, they do whats called selective enforcement, somehow some people are getting more than 2 packages per year, and yet others cant.

And some people BREAK the law, saying they are enforcing it!, yet the law says something totally different than what they are arguing. You dont have to be a lawyer to know that, you just have to be logical, and read the laws, and use common sense.

Bajo you can defend the law because it's the law all you want, and you can be right, but how can you even begin to act like it's reasonable and a normal way to live!?

The funny thing is that the people who defend these kinds of laws and pretend they are reasonable are the same people who brag about their big shopping trip in Italy, because it's so much better and cheaper... Long live hypocrisy!

So are we to assume that it's written into law that nobody in Argentina can receive more than two parcels per annum?
If that's correct and since the good doctor is so hell bent on scaring us all, would I go to a penitentiary and try not to pick up the soap in the showers for attempting to receive more than my fair share or would the sender be convicted?

The funny thing is that the people who defend these kinds of laws and pretend they are reasonable are the same people who brag about their big shopping trip in Italy, because it's so much better and cheaper... Long live hypocrisy!

So right, these same people even say they can receive as many packages as they like as long as they pay the taxes, yet if one of the surfs tries to get more than 2 packages they confiscate them under what ever false pretence they like and call you the law breaker. Hypocrisy at its high point!

Back