Anyone Used The Service "miami A Tu Casa" ??

Nobodyspecial pretend to be a victim of the bureaucracy while, in fact, he was trying to be "smart" doing some clumsy contraband and he doesn't want to understand that they were nice not arresting him.
Also, he makes some weird interpretation of the law and he is hard as a rock.
Now he invented a new way to call illegal immigration: visitor. Of course none of the agents of customs bought that b.....t.

Back on topic, has anyone had anything sent to them recently and then had to go to Ezeiza?

I had a new Vonage box sent to me to Ezeiza last year. After having experienced the Retirdo experience, I refused it and had someone bring it to me from the US. I am collaborationing with the contraband I guess :p. I also had to contraband (gee I love this word!) a new jacket for my son which only cost me 400 pesos against a crappy $1.600 one from here and only had to go to my friend's house to pick it up - nicer than Retiro.

Aaaah the thrill, the adrenalin of being a contrabandist!! :D

I had a new Vonage box sent to me to Ezeiza last year. After having experienced the Retirdo experience, I refused it and had someone bring it to me from the US. I am collaborationing with the contraband I guess :p. I also had to contraband (gee I love this word!) a new jacket for my son which only cost me 400 pesos against a crappy $1.600 one from here and only had to go to my friend's house to pick it up - nicer than Retiro.

Aaaah the thrill, the adrenalin of being a contrabandist!! :D
Don't let the Doc hear you or he'll have you arrested. Just saying.

I don't know the details of the law that causes so many insults here, so don't comment on it, but even without a law degree, some arguments just don't make any logical sense:

But you are here, not in the US.
I explained him like 10 times the same.
In some arab countries alcohol is illegal. To drink it in the street is illegal in NYC.
While here you might have an irregular status, in the US you are an illegal.

Nobodyspecial pretend to be a victim of the bureaucracy while, in fact, he was trying to be "smart" doing some clumsy contraband and he doesn't want to understand that they were nice not arresting him.
Also, he makes some weird interpretation of the law and he is hard as a rock.
Now he invented a new way to call illegal immigration: visitor. Of course none of the agents of customs bought that b.....t.

Assuming the immigration laws don't change every five minutes, I'd expect a bit more consistency of an immigration lawyer ;)

I have to say, assuming que La Nacion no miente, it looks like Nobody Special is right about what is allowed in terms of shipments (though I didn't see anything that specifically excluded foreigners from this 2 packages limit). Maybe La Nacion misunderstood the law, or maybe I'm not understanding something:

Las compras realizadas en sitios Web extranjeros (usualmente a portales como DealExtreme, AliExpress y otros) con entrega postal en nuestro país ahora tendrán un límite de dos compras anuales.

It seems to say to me that purchases made on foreign websites with postal delivery within Argentina will have a limit of two purchases annually.

The article also talks about bringing things in personally on return from travel not being affected by the new law. However, I didn't see anything in the article related to foreigners receiving packages from the outside being diffeent from citizens and residents. It seems logical that anyone would have this issue, not just citizens, when talking about having things delivered internationally to here, whether they know of it or not.

Perhaps this caused some misunderstanding related to foreign travelers:

Para compras on line con entrega a domicilio, el límite será de 25 dólares anuales tras las resoluciones de la AFIP, que no afecta a los viajeros, que mantienen su franquicia anual de 1800 a 3600 dólares para ingresar mercadería extranjera al país

I believe this must be the limit on citizens (as travelers returning) that was already in place that Bajo spoke of. Travelers being those who enter the country bringing things with them instead of online shopping.

The article didn't mention anything about being able to have more than two packages per year, no matter how many affidavits one fills out, unless I missed that somewhere or misunderstood something. Bajo, didn't you say you had 5 at some point? Could be I mis-remembered in some fashion.

And Nobody Special - one thing. You couldn't have gotten a CUIL without a DNI. There is another item foreigners can get without being resident that's used for paying taxes, called a CDI, but you couldn't have gotten a CUIL.

As far as imagining living in the US and having things happen to you:

I submit that:

1) The ability to have a US citizen sent to Guantanamo without due process may be latent in how the wording of the laws are structured, but it has yet to be tested in court, as I understand it, because it hasn't happened. While foreigners may have been sent to Guantanamo wrongly, I don't think the majority of foreigners on US soil have anything to worry about (unlike, according to Bajo Cero, foreigners who are trying to receive things here they shouldn't via mail!). The US government can be quite tyrannical at times, in my opinion, but I also believe that, TV shows and Hollywood movies notwithstanding, the vast majority of people who are sent to Guantanamo are honestly thought to have a terrorist connection. Me being a libertarian, I don't agree with a lot of what goes on related to our "national defense", but I also try to keep things real.

2) In the US, there is no wishy-washiness about the laws related to being in the country past the dates allowed by immigrations. You are simply illegal at that point. Here in Argentina, you are not illegal, just irregular, and yet Argentines (and even foreigners!) still bitch about this when related specifically to poor folk who come from other countries and eat up the Argentine "free shit". Conversely in the US, a lot of people are up in arms about illegal immigrants who eat up the US government's "free shit". Who exactly is being a hipocrite here?

3) In NYC it may be illegal to drink in public. So what? You can still go to a bar to drink, or drink in your home. And if you go out and cause a lot of loud, irritating noise while you're drunk, you may get arrested for public intoxication or nuisance. It's called being responsible for your actions. Of course, here, you'll just get a glance from the (very) occasional law enforcement officer while roaming the streets at 4 AM with your buddies, completely wasted, singing futbol anthems while waking everyone up that doesn't want to hear such crap at such an hour. EDIT: And Bajo, you mentioned this, being a person from a country where the selling of alcohol is prohibited on elections days...while Argentina is by far not the only country that does this, I just find it interesting that you would comment on something in NYC about drinking in public while not even, apparently, thinking about this.

Heh.

The fact is, this government in Argentina has implemented a lot of laws that are tyrannical. Those of us who live here don't like it, including most Argentinos (those that I know anyway, and who even include two lawyers). Most Argentinos I know will do a lot to get around these idiotic laws. Does that make them better than a foreigner who tries to do the same? Maybe. Maybe not. As long as that foreigner is willing to accept the risks, I don't think the Argentinos should be offended when a foreigner does what they do naturally. But I can tell you from personal experience that many times the law doesn't matter here and can be very difficult for a foreigner to understand - it seems to be whatever the official at the moment feels like enforcing.

If only we could inhabit or visit the country he describes...

RUBILAR 2019 : "pluma dura"

I ll be taking campaign contributions (in US Dollars)

I have to say, assuming que La Nacion no miente, it looks like Nobody Special is right about what is allowed in terms of shipments (though I didn't see anything that specifically excluded foreigners from this 2 packages limit). Maybe La Nacion misunderstood the law, or maybe I'm not understanding something:

It seems to say to me that purchases made on foreign websites with postal delivery within Argentina will have a limit of two purchases annually.

The article also talks about bringing things in personally on return from travel not being affected by the new law. However, I didn't see anything in the article related to foreigners receiving packages from the outside being diffeent from citizens and residents. It seems logical that anyone would have this issue, not just citizens, when talking about having things delivered internationally to here, whether they know of it or not.

Perhaps this caused some misunderstanding related to foreign travelers:

I believe this must be the limit on citizens (as travelers returning) that was already in place that Bajo spoke of. Travelers being those who enter the country bringing things with them instead of online shopping.

The article didn't mention anything about being able to have more than two packages per year, no matter how many affidavits one fills out, unless I missed that somewhere or misunderstood something. Bajo, didn't you say you had 5 at some point? Could be I mis-remembered in some fashion.

And Nobody Special - one thing. You couldn't have gotten a CUIL without a DNI. There is another item foreigners can get without being resident that's used for paying taxes, called a CDI, but you couldn't have gotten a CUIL.

As far as imagining living in the US and having things happen to you:

I submit that:

1) The ability to have a US citizen sent to Guantanamo without due process may be latent in how the wording of the laws are structured, but it has yet to be tested in court, as I understand it, because it hasn't happened. While foreigners may have been sent to Guantanamo wrongly, I don't think the majority of foreigners on US soil have anything to worry about (unlike, according to Bajo Cero, foreigners who are trying to receive things here they shouldn't via mail!). The US government can be quite tyrannical at times, in my opinion, but I also believe that, TV shows and Hollywood movies notwithstanding, the vast majority of people who are sent to Guantanamo are honestly thought to have a terrorist connection. Me being a libertarian, I don't agree with a lot of what goes on related to our "national defense", but I also try to keep things real.

2) In the US, there is no wishy-washiness about the laws related to being in the country past the dates allowed by immigrations. You are simply illegal at that point. Here in Argentina, you are not illegal, just irregular, and yet Argentines (and even foreigners!) still bitch about this when related specifically to poor folk who come from other countries and eat up the Argentine "free shit". Conversely in the US, a lot of people are up in arms about illegal immigrants who eat up the US government's "free shit". Who exactly is being a hipocrite here?

3) In NYC it may be illegal to drink in public. So what? You can still go to a bar to drink, or drink in your home. And if you go out and cause a lot of loud, irritating noise while you're drunk, you may get arrested for public intoxication or nuisance. It's called being responsible for your actions. Of course, here, you'll just get a glance from the (very) occasional law enforcement officer while roaming the streets at 4 AM with your buddies, completely wasted, singing futbol anthems while waking everyone up that doesn't want to hear such crap at such an hour. EDIT: And Bajo, you mentioned this, being a person from a country where the selling of alcohol is prohibited on elections days...while Argentina is by far not the only country that does this, I just find it interesting that you would comment on something in NYC about drinking in public while not even, apparently, thinking about this.

Heh.

The fact is, this government in Argentina has implemented a lot of laws that are tyrannical. Those of us who live here don't like it, including most Argentinos (those that I know anyway, and who even include two lawyers). Most Argentinos I know will do a lot to get around these idiotic laws. Does that make them better than a foreigner who tries to do the same? Maybe. Maybe not. As long as that foreigner is willing to accept the risks, I don't think the Argentinos should be offended when a foreigner does what they do naturally. But I can tell you from personal experience that many times the law doesn't matter here and can be very difficult for a foreigner to understand - it seems to be whatever the official at the moment feels like enforcing.

Finnally someone else read it!

No it doesnt exclude visitors, but it says its for citizens. Which as I said no one can get more than 2 per year, my argument with aduanna was i wasnt a citizen but a newly arrived visitor. they said no it applies to us too.

And Bajo's argument I was illegal is illogical, I had only been here 1 month when it all happened. You have 90 days after paying your 200 dollar fee to stay, so how was i illegal?

No logic at all!

Your probably right it might have been a CDI, but I took the time to get one! days, and hours wasted, for them to tell me you can only get 2 packages per year and anything else was illegal.

I was wrong about the CUIL I guess.

1) you don't even understand your illegal staying in this country. 2) I asserted that you don't understand at all.
3) get a DNI you "visitor"....

BAJO buddy please use some logic, when this all happened I had just got here within my first 30 days of landing in this country. I was a new visitor after just having paid the 200 dollars to come here!

YOU have a comprehension problem!

Back