Apple Pie Recipe

Ah, adventures in baking. Since your husband is American, use the Paula Deen recipe. That other one doesn't even call for cinnamon, a key flavor in American apple pie. The exp<b></b>ression "as American as apple pie" exists for a reason. We know what we're doing. :p As for any produce confusion, that shouldn't be a problem. Do half sweet apples and half tart apples, tart meaning fully ripe but a variety that has a flavor more tart than sweet. The Deen recipe calls for specific varieties and I'm not sure how/if they translate in Argentina, but just think half red apples for the sweet and half green apples for the tart.

The only potential problems I foresee: 1) Oven temperature. If you have an open flame oven, adapting recipes that call for a specific temperature and a long-ish bake time can be challenging. I would always put several pans in the oven down over the flame before inserting the item to be baked in an attempt to keep the bottom from burning as easily. Monitor closely. 2) Ground cinnamon typically found in Argentine grocery stores is different in flavor from what we are used to in the U.S. But honestly, you're doing a really nice thing for your husband so I wouldn't worry about that too much! It's not the only spice, so he might not even notice.

Good luck! I'm sure it will be yummy.

I feel like this is going to turn into a 'Is The Apple pie is better in the USA or England' debate.

As we all know the original is the best as we discussed Argentine / Italian pizza debate.

He's from Arkansas! He's NOT a Yankee! Please don't make that mistake again ... or there might be a shootin'!

:)

Thats just what we call all people form the USA, kinda like how Argentines call all Spanish Gallegos. So better pop that cap back in your own arse. ;)

Thats just what we call all people form the USA, kinda like how Argentines call all Spanish Gallegos. So better pop that cap back in your own arse. ;)
Actually there's no crap to be popped back anywhere. How stupid do Argies sound calling all Spaniards Gallegos? Well I'm American but certainly not a Yankee, lol, just imagine calling a Bostonian a Yank... hahahaha. However I don't expect people to understand/ change their ways so I just go with the flow.

I feel like this is going to turn into a 'Is The Apple pie is better in the USA or England' debate.

As we all know the original is the best as we discussed Argentine / Italian pizza debate.

Well... considering that England is known for bland food, and the US is known for fat people, I think you have your answer!! ;)

He's from Arkansas! He's NOT a Yankee! Please don't make that mistake again ... or there might be a shootin'!

:)
He's from England, you know,they speak Englandese,please forgive him ,he will never understand

Proper American Apple Pie is made with a crust on the top and bottom - we use lots of butter, sugar, canela and a lot of apples (about 6 or 7). A recipe that I like is this one:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/deep-dish-apple-pie-recipe2.html
Use two different types of apples - red (I found the gaucho to be ok) and green.
Best of luck and let us know how it goes! (remember best served warm with side of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream)

Proper American Apple Pie is made with a crust on the top and bottom - we use lots of butter, sugar, canela and a lot of apples (about 6 or 7). A recipe that I like is this one:

http://www.foodnetwo...ie-recipe2.html
Use two different types of apples - red (I found the gaucho to be ok) and green.
Best of luck and let us know how it goes! (remember best served warm with side of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream)

Si Apple Pie" A la Mode"?

Back