Applying For Argentine Citizenship (Argentine Spouse)

Small update:

Went back to the juzgado. I was told the "oficios" haven't been signed yet so I should come back in February. I'm not really sure what the "oficios" are but as I understand it these are the requests for police reports and other stuff. I thought the judge was supposed to do that on his or her own? Maybe Bajo_cero2 could shed some light on it.

So that's it. Nothing new and now I have to wait for another month to get something going.

Cost so far:

Subte (there and back): $5
Total: $36+5 = $41

Hope this helps.

The oficios are the orders of the judge regarding requesting info about you.
Regards

Hello all,

I've been a fly on the wall on this forum for some time. We're also planning to pursue citizenship. We were granted our permanent residency in March after a single 3 1/2 hour appt....1 hour of which we hung out at a cafe across the street while they prepped our paperwork (not sure whether Córdoba is easier for this trámites).

My second daughter was born here a year ago next week so she made it much easier as we're parents (both estadounidenses) to an Argentine. My older daughter was granted her residency at the same time as she is the daughter of Permanent Residents. Anyway, that all went so well (we received our DNIs is less than two weeks)...that we're ready to tackle the next step.

On paper we should be in pretty good shape.

X (1) Legal residency
X (2) Legal work I am set up as Monotributo Categoría G
X (3) That you speak, read and write Spanish (Andamos bien en castellano)
(4) That you renounce your native citizenship. Hmmm...ya...no.
X (5) DNI with permanent residency
X (6) Birth certificate apostilled and translated.
X (7) Certificate of a clean criminal record from your home country. I have the originals that are more than 90 days old. Will be returning to the US in soon and can do again.
X (8) Certificate of a clean criminal record in Argentina....no antecedentes en Argentina. Did this before with Reincidencia...can do it again...
X (9) CUIT or CUIL number . I have a CUIT and my wife will be getting hers soon and also setting up as a low categoria Monotributo

It will be interesting to see how much different the process is up here and how we get on with the judge, etc. I'm hoping to be one of the quicker processes....not some of the tough ones I've seen this thread, but we'll try to learn for those headaches. We've had either incredible luck or preparation with our other trámites...I was able to get my daughter's Partida de Nacimiento, DNI and Argentine Passport in less than two weeks as well (walked in midday...to a special magic office that didn't require turnos...wild)...so things have gone well with the Registro and Migracion...now our turn with the Judicial system!

So do we have any news....or just in a holding pattern? Thanks!

Back