Appointment To Renew Us Passport?

It says on the website that you can pay the passport fee in pesos but doesn't say how much...would it be 110 x 9.05 (official exchange rate)? Or do they ask for more?

It says on the website that you can pay the passport fee in pesos but doesn't say how much...would it be 110 x 9.05 (official exchange rate)? Or do they ask for more?

It would be extremely impolitic and undiplomatic for the US consulate to behave like a cueva.

I have a question...I need to renew my US passport but as soon as I have the appointment I need to go to Peru. Can I have DHL mail it to an address in Peru (or if it takes a really long time, to the US)? What's the procedure for that? After the appointment I go to the DHL office in Belgrano and ask them to mail it Peru (and can I pay with credit card or does it have to be in cash?)?

I went to the DHL office in Belgrano today to pay for mailing services of my passport and card. They charge 160AP per package, so I paid for two way bills: the passport arrives in two weeks, and the passport card takes two months to process. DHL takes care of the way bills for the Consulate, and you get a copy of the DOMESTIC EXPRESS bar-coded way bill and a receipt.

not clear you pay for the DHL delivery of passport before or after your appt. at the Consulate?? thanks

I went to the DHL office in Belgrano today to pay for mailing services of my passport and card. They charge 160AP per package, so I paid for two way bills: the passport arrives in two weeks, and the passport card takes two months to process. DHL takes care of the way bills for the Consulate, and you get a copy of the DOMESTIC EXPRESS bar-coded way bill and a receipt.

Does the two weeks include both processing and mailing time? Or is it two weeks to process plus however long it takes to travel through the mail?

not clear you pay for the DHL delivery of passport before or after your appt. at the Consulate?? thanks

I went to the DHL office in Belgrano AFTER delivering my form and old passport to the US Consulate.
Does the two weeks include both processing and mailing time? Or is it two weeks to process plus however long it takes to travel through the mail?

I received my NEW US passport in TEN DAYS from the date of my appointment in May at the US Consulate.

I have a question...I need to renew my US passport but as soon as I have the appointment I need to go to Peru. Can I have DHL mail it to an address in Peru (or if it takes a really long time, to the US)? What's the procedure for that? After the appointment I go to the DHL office in Belgrano and ask them to mail it Peru (and can I pay with credit card or does it have to be in cash?)?

You must turn in your old passport when processing the new one. Therefore, you have no official document for travel. Both the old and new passports are sent by the Department of State to the Consulate in the Embassy pouch and then turned over to DHL for secured delivery to your home address.

When renewing my US passport in May, I ordered a PASSPORT CARD at the same time, even though it's valid only for international land and sea travel between United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda.

Posting the other day that I received the passport in ten days reminded me that I still hadn't received the passport card, which was promised in three months. I took a photo of the DHL waybill to send to Citizen services at the Consulate. Before I could send an email to inquire, DHL arrived at my door this morning with the package containing my passport card.

The Department of State and U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires will discontinue the consular service of adding additional visa pages to U.S. passports beginning January 1, 2016. Visa page inserts pose vulnerabilities to both the security of the ePassport and the internal controls of the issuance process. Therefore, the determination to eliminate the visa page insert service was made to enhance the security of the passport and to abide by international passport standards.

As of October 2014, 52-page passport books have been issued to all applicants applying at overseas posts at no extra cost. This policy aims to lessen the burden that may be placed on frequent travelers who need more pages and those customers who may need to update residence permits or foreign entry/exit visas to comply with foreign immigration practices.

If you anticipate needing extra visa pages prior to the expiration of your passport, you must obtain an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires no later than December 31, 2015. Appointments are required for this service and can be made by clicking here and selecting “Add visa pages”.

You must turn in your old passport when processing the new one. Therefore, you have no official document for travel. Both the old and new passports are sent by the Department of State to the Consulate in the Embassy pouch and then turned over to DHL for secured delivery to your home address.

I am a dual-national and am traveling on that passport and not the US one. I just talked to DHL and they told me the service is only domestic and not international...I have my appointment tomorrow morning and am really nervous...I'm leaving for Peru on Tuesday and have to be in Ecuador by December 4th, and then I'll go back to the US on the 20th. What should I do? Use DHL to mail it to an Argentine address and have that person mail it to an address in Ecuador? It'll be cutting it really close. Wish I wouldn't have waited until 5:30 to go to DHL, it's too late to call the embassy (and my appointment is at 8:45 tomorrow). Ugh.

Back