Are Argentine Women More Feminine?

I'm still trying to figure out what "feminine" means and to whom the OP was comparing Argentine woman. After reading this thread, apparently feminine (to many posters) means nice asses, wearing skirts, being hysterical and/or being well-dressed (or better dressed than women from the US). A little depressing...

Arlean, I think you managed to capture the almost intangible essence of femininity just there.

I'm still trying to figure out what "feminine" means and to whom the OP was comparing Argentine woman. After reading this thread, apparently feminine (to many posters) means nice asses, wearing skirts, being hysterical and/or being well-dressed (or better dressed than women from the US). A little depressing...

A discussion that would take years.... most men and women associate femininity with sexiness..? Can it be dissociated ?? Is Angela Merkel feminine? To a lady I know feminine means short skirts oiled legs and a push'up miracle bra...?

According to Ba Cast, and I listened to the whole one hour for my sins...feminine=attractive.

Of course I'm a woman so what do I know? I never walked in a man's shoes, but the impression that comes across from the women on the street this morning that I observed is not sexy. It is almost actually innocence---but of course I know better--well, it's more like a subtle, unintentional sexiness.

I've been interested in this thread from the start, mostly the input of the guys. Any time we have a chance to listen to men's reactions, girls, I think it is an opportunity. It is not depressing, it is enlightening. Men don't react to things the same way that women do so the only way we can understand them is to listen. And not criticize them for being men and for reacting differently. Knowing how they feel is important information for a woman!

For someone who said they are not sure what feminine means, to me the simplest way to define it would be different from men. Not try to be like them--or equal to them. Not inferior to them either. Just different with a different role. The feminine dress is feminine because it is different from the clothing of men. Men naturally have a strong, dominant (not despotic, but dominant, leadership-inclined) nature whereas the opposite is to be soft and nurturing. Not wimpy and weak, that's not what I mean. A woman needs a special kind of strength but it is different from that of a man. It isn't that she can't run a business for example, or other things. Actually running a household well is similar to running a business. But this sort of defines feminine as I see it, as simply as I can. I think it is the difference! I think this is part of why they like the effect that I saw on the street this morning. The difference in the woman defines and emphasizes the manliness in the man, which is a great feeling for the men. The more masculine we make them feel, the better for us and the more attractive we are. Of course no doubt there are exceptions, but overall this is how I see it.

I'm impressed also by my male friends in Argentina. I've posted earlier about the gentle care I have experienced from the Argentina men in my life, two of them in particular--well three. I haven't seen the kind of gallantry I see here for years in the States. It used to be alive and well there but it's rare today. I think it's a result of Women's Liberation and the idea the men and women are equals and the men are supposed to treat women that way, but that's another issue. I know they get the same TV programs and movies here from the U.S. but their mommas and daddies have done a great job of raising the boys or so it seems to me in my limited world here in Palermo. Maybe the parents just set a good example. I don't know. I haven't figured it out.

I would add elegance to the list of important feminine qualities. I agree with Arlean - feminine strength is different from masculine strength. I for one applaud the general atmosphere here that men and women can be equal while occupying a different kind of space. Equal in value, not equal as in being exactly the same or androgynous. It is easy to encounter intoxicatingly feminine women here.

Back