Are BUSES Safe...? Line 152

Rich One

Registered
Every day traffic accidents are reported involving buses with taxis, autos or other buses, with Many passengers injured...!! Keep your ticket for the insurance claims...!!:rolleyes:. No ticket with SUBE card.

I was surprised to find out that Line 152, the one I use occasionally to travel down Santa Fe, has the highest number of traffic violations , 1152 in the last year. :(

Buses do not pay for traffic violations.
These might be recorded, issued, standing, etc., but the quantity and amounts due could possibly cover the national debt many times over.
If the city tried to collect or threatened a single company/line, a national strike would likely ensue and the country would run to a grinding stop.

Just try not to get into a Colectivo's path and you'll be fine.

Stop signs or red light do not seem to apply to them either. The heaviest vehicle ALWAYS has priority at the intersections. Lights, when working, are pretty. Aren't they?

3 violations a day, average, do not impress as a large figure. Considering the run almost 24/7 and have many units giong back and forth.

I'm a regular bus rider for nearly seven years and have never had problem one. No accidents, no thefts, no nothing. The 152 is my favorite line.

Johnny said:
I'm a regular bus rider for nearly seven years and have never had problem one. No accidents, no thefts, no nothing. The 152 is my favorite line.

Well, is also my favourite Line 152, glad you were so far not injured, hope you stay that way ........:rolleyes:

I ride the 29 got no complaints. Seems as safe as your going to get around here

Maybe is it due to the fact the 152 takes Av. de Santa Fe -> red lights with cameras?

It is a proven fact that an automatic camera spends less time per day texting on a phone than a human policeman.

Riding a bus in Argentina, especially in provincia, is an adventure in itself. :p First time I rode one I couldn't believe how fast they hit the gas as passengers are still climbing up the stairs, and how it was expected that one jump off a moving vehicle.

Buses are very dangerous in Argentina. In many countries, the majority of accidents are caused by non-professional drivers, and major accidents with buses are rare (making the phrase "get hit by a bus" refer to something with a small likelyhood of happening). In Argentina, a large portion (I think 30%) are caused by professional drivers.
I´m assuming that if you use the SUBE you will be able to make a claim because the trip is registered on your SUBE card and goes to a central system.

Back