Argentina Entry Covid Test Requirments

Where can tourists get a PCR test in Argentina? Can you simply just walk into a local hospital and get one, and also, do they cost or are they free? Haven’t been in Arg since 2019 so am out of the loop in regards to how things are working over there

Where can tourists get a PCR test in Argentina? Can you simply just walk into a local hospital and get one, and also, do they cost or are they free? Haven’t been in Arg since 2019 so am out of the loop in regards to how things are working over there
you can get them at private labs everywhere. They cost about 8.000 pesos. I think that you can also go just for a reapid test which is 4.000 or so.
In CABA one can also get a free test at the public testing sites like La Rural.

you can get them at private labs everywhere. They cost about 8.000 pesos. I think that you can also go just for a reapid test which is 4.000 or so.
In CABA one can also get a free test at the public testing sites like La Rural.
If I could just get a rapid test that would be great, however it pretty specifically mentions “PCR”..

I arrived today and this wasn't mentioned to me by border officials (who did not check any of my documents except my passport fwiw...).

Perhaps it is my responsibility to check the latest updates and adhere.

I arrived today and this wasn't mentioned to me by border officials (who did not check any of my documents except my passport fwiw...).
Perhaps it is my responsibility to check the latest updates and adhere.
They don't ask or check the PCR or vaccination anymore at EZE/AEP. It's done by the airline. I few in with LATAM from Madrid via Sao Paulo this week and at both MAD and GRU there were detailed checks and rechecks to make sure you have all the docs. Airlines are fined every time they let someone without the proper docs (if they get caught). The entry declaration that you fill online also does not ask to upload the PCR or vaccination records anymore, instead it's a sworn affidavit.

Just came through customs yesterday at Eze. They asked for insurance, pcr results from home country and vaccination proof. Upon exiting Eze on arrival there was no Arg pcr requirement.

Also, if you're flying to the US all you need is the rapid pcr antigen test. This is the test that can be done in 15 min while you wait. This is not the not the full blown molecular lab test. Arg entry still requires the molecular level test that must be sent to a lab.

Centralab is good for tourist and it costs about 6500 ars/each.

I came through EZE on the 29th, and Argentina immigration asked for the PCR test. Leaving the US, the airline asked for PCR, insurance and the PDF of the affidavit. I think it could depend on luck whether you get asked. I printed everything in case of phone glitches.

I brought rapid antigen tests to use in order to fly back. They are the Abbott ones where you self test while on a video call with an observer. They are one of the few that the US accepts for entry and can be found at eMed online.

Back