Argentina Entry Covid Test Requirments

If you are in the UK right now, you can do more than just hope. There is an antibody test which determines whether or not you have Covid 19 antibodies in your bloodstream. As I understand it, the range of people who can get it for free on the NHS is rather limited but it can be obtained privately from Lloyds Pharmacies and BUPA amongst others. They don't stick anything up your nose or down your throat - this test requires you to have a little prick. (Sorry about that!) It's probably easiest to Google for something like "How do I know if I have Covid?" then browse through the offerings Google gives you for that question from the NHS, gov.uk and private providers. Good luck!
Much appreciated, thank you

My family and I just flew in on one way tickets (125 USD each) from spending the holidays in Brasil. I am not vaccinated, no medical condition, I am just not interested in getting jabbed. My husband, Argentinean and child, American flew in with me. The only asked for the DDJJ and the PCR tests at migrations.

Naturally, my DDJJ had a bright red sanitary control header and when they asked me why I didn't get vaccinated I just told them straight up I was a negationist. Although I had consular permission (80 bucks to sent to the consulate in MIA whilst in Brazil), they still made me wait 20 minutes before hey returned my passport because it was early and the Ministry of Health had to approve the consular permission.

I paid 4000 pesos for an exit PCR test, and them I went off to my hotel in PM where I am currently to stay in for the next 6 days.

This was our experience.

It seems like this has just changed and they now require a COVID test again upon entry 3 - 5 days after arrival for tourists.

Does anyone know if you just need to do this second test to check if you have COVID? Or if you need to send the results to the government somewhere after it's been done?

Just came through EZE yesterday as a tourist and the same as everyone else with what they asked. Was pretty quick.

They didn't mention anything about the post arrival testing. Has anyone else done it yet?

Returned yesterday from Atl via Mia.
American Airlines looked at negative PCR results And DDJJ on my phone when we got boarding pass checked bags.
Upon arrival at EZE, the pilot announced that someone from Ministry of Health would be checking our DDJJ when we declared, but that never occurred.
The only other time anything was requested was at migraciones in EZE. They asked if we had full vaccines, I said "Yes, do you want to see card?"
"No, not necessary."

As a side note, it was very difficult to find a PCR in Atlanta that would return test results within a guaranteed 3 day period. Most said 2 to 5 days, which wouldn't meet the 72 hr requirement.
Also, most teat centers, free or paid, were totally booked up for a week+. I believe this had to do with coming off New Years holiday when many were closed plus everyone with a sniffle getting a test....

Just came through EZE yesterday as a tourist and the same as everyone else with what they asked. Was pretty quick.

They didn't mention anything about the post arrival testing. Has anyone else done it yet?

Not required

Returned yesterday from Atl via Mia.
American Airlines looked at negative PCR results And DDJJ on my phone when we got boarding pass checked bags.
Upon arrival at EZE, the pilot announced that someone from Ministry of Health would be checking our DDJJ when we declared, but that never occurred.
The only other time anything was requested was at migraciones in EZE. They asked if we had full vaccines, I said "Yes, do you want to see card?"
"No, not necessary."

As a side note, it was very difficult to find a PCR in Atlanta that would return test results within a guaranteed 3 day period. Most said 2 to 5 days, which wouldn't meet the 72 hr requirement.
Also, most teat centers, free or paid, were totally booked up for a week+. I believe this had to do with coming off New Years holiday when many were closed plus everyone with a sniffle getting a test....

Yes, hard to find appointments and get guaranteed turnaround. Here’s what we used. They have locations at major airports and some downtown areas. They also take some kinds of insurance, since it’s not cheap. We did the 12-hour PCR test and got it back in 8. Glad we did because our first flight was cancelled and the next one delayed, so we were still close to the 72-hour window by the time we left the US.

Well from what I've read it's legally required to get tested on day 3 - 5. I doubt anything will happen if you don't but I already booked a test for today.

Sorry I missed the tourist part. Not sure in that case. Nevertheless, doubt anyone will ever check on it.

Thanks for this comment. I have been thinking about this. I have to go back to the US for work, and I may not be able to come back to Argentina with these test requirements. The 72 hour PCR test in advance of your flight sounds reasonable unless you look at how the US health care system actually works.

In Mexico City I was able to get a PCR test with an 8-hour turnaround. A nurse came to my apartment to do the test, on a Saturday. It was $100 usd. That's a lot of money in Mexico, but it was an amazing service.

Back