Argentina is expensive. Really don't know how middle class here get by

Jesus Christ! People like are you are the reason I left Los Angeles. Was born and raised in So.Cal. Seriously bro like where did you find this crack you are smoking ? You can easily live here on $1500 a month and have a really relaxed lifestyle, shit I make $800 and I live pretty decently. When I was with my ex we were paying between $650-800usd for our 1 bedroom apartment in palermo botanico where that same type of place would have cost me an easy $1800 in LA. Before I moved to Argentina I paid $2700 for a 2bd/2bth apartment in the Park La Brea complex which if I wanted that same apartment here it would have cost me half of that not to mention extremely cheap utilities here... so again tell me how Argentina is sooooo pricey?

A good doctor here makes much more tha 4k a month.
Rent cost the same as in LA?are you crazy?where do you rent?in the strugamu?In belgrano,a one room apprt cost about 12.000 pesos,that is 300 dollars a month,where do you rengt in LA for 300 a month?

I disagree. A 28 A year old doctor after completing residency in first year earns about 700 usd/ month. And private high end clinics pay even less than government jobs in remote areas in Aregentina. I know it personally as I hang out with these people.

A 100 m2 apartment in a fancy building in Palermo will not cost less than 2000 usd/month.

I disagree. A 28 A year old doctor after completing residency in first year earns about 700 usd/ month. And private high end clinics pay even less than government jobs in remote areas in Aregentina. I know it personally as I hang out with these people.

A 100 m2 apartment in a fancy building in Palermo will not cost less than 2000 usd/month.

I agree about the doctor salary. I know someone in her late 20's who works in a good private clinic and makes 28,000 pesos a month with an exhausting schedule. Health insurance companies pay very little to doctors for each patient.

You can live a comfortable life in CA for 100K dollars a year if you have no debt (credit cards, mortgage) and low property tax. (I live in SF Bay AREA, the living cost is a lot higher than that of LA), I am retired and I do international travels 6 times a year. You can live with 100k with all the nice things in life, be happy and get laid often, feel like you have 400k at your disposal.

You can live a pay check to pay check life with 400k if you try to match the houses your coworkers have (which they paid off a long time ago), and spend on things that are not 100% necessary.
It depends on your situation and if you have a basic finance sense. There are many people who are not good with money, for example, NBA players
make millions, many of them have nothing left when their careers are over, they are idiots. Many Americans are like that to a certain degree. Argentines have seen hard times, and they know how to spend their pesos.

Your talk is a little crazy, kinda reminds me of the Ferrari guy, no offense :)

Last edited:
That's a super luxury apt. How many people live like that in BA? A tiny fraction of one percent?
The high price is due to that amazing naked painting. That will surely attract millionaires from LA.
There will always be people who have money enough to live in luxury. The rest of us, not rich, know how to live on a modest income.

Argentina is expensive relative to the quality you receive and social issues faced. The middle class struggles, I think a lot of people under report what they are earning and don't pay taxes. Airports are always full of families going away so there are definitely people living comfortably here enough to afford an overseas holiday for a large family.

Argentina is expensive relative to the quality you receive and social issues faced. The middle class struggles, I think a lot of people under report what they are earning and don't pay taxes. Airports are always full of families going away so there are definitely people living comfortably here enough to afford an overseas holiday for a large family.

I read in the Clarin that nowadays international flights are dominated by non Argentines. This is a change and indicates that far fewer people are travelling abroad.

And those are not the really good doctors not at all.

Back