Argentina questions allied attacks on Gaddafi

I suspect that many of the people criticizing the UN action here would probably be criticizing the US and others at this moment if nothing had been done for allowing a massacre to happen. My guess the spin would be that since nothing was done the massacre we would be witnessing was allowed to protect Kadafy and insure continued access to Libyan oil by the evil empire. With some people it really doesn't matter, just come up with any conspiracy theory as long as the US is the villain. One of the people criticizing here was a week ago was suggesting that the US was behind the Japan earthquake(HARP or some weather machine nonsense)which I would argue proves my point that you have to question some of the rationality and objectivity of some of the posters here. The thread was started to discuss the Argentine governments response to the situation, and as could be expected it has deteriorated into a blame the US and other western powers for the problems.

citygirl said:
Sigh.. I don't take it personally.

I wish those that criticize would accept this was a majority vote by the UN, not a US action. I wish that people would acknowledge this is a coalition action. I wish that that people would stop forgetting the fact that this is in support of an existing internal revolutionary movement, not an arbitrary invasion as I've read. I wish that people would read the facts, not immediately leap to conclusions that this is just another case of the Evil Empire flexing its muscles.

Again - THE UN SECURITY COUNCIL (please note the caps, it's there for a reason), let me say again UN Security Council, NOT the US authorized the resolution to enforce a no fly zone. 10 of the 15 voted in favor of it. 5 abstained. No one voted against it.

Is it about oil? Well, if it is, I hardly think the US would be the one pushing it. Seems like "it's about oil" is a convenient catch phrase. Do you really think that the US is so hard-pressed that they would engage in a military action on a 3rd front (b/c the first 2 are going so well:rolleyes:) in hopes of securing more oil? If oil is the genesis, it would be far more correct to point out that the European community would benefit far more than the US.

Good god citygurl is there no limit to the amount of garbage that you will swallow? Seriously, put down the New York Times and stop believing the propaganda hook line and sinker.

With all due respect, you are probably one of the most misguided, blindly trusting posters on this board - somebody that consistently believes the lies, no matter what circumstances show otherwise. And I say this based upon your past posts.

Are you still laughing about the tenant who offered to pay his rent in gold? You thought it was so silly didn't you? Guess what, that gold would be worth much more today than the stinking paper currency he paid with. Over the past 2 years gold is up 75% and silver 230%.

Are you still strongly urging everybody to rush out and get their swine flu vaccination? last we checked the WHO was caught changing the definition of a pandemic right before announcing a world pandemic. Oh and they also failed to mention that the medical research used to back up their phony claims was conducted by doctors who benefited financially from vaccine/drug companies. Is that the injection you want everybody to take?

Again - this is not a true coalition action. The UN security council is a joke. We all know that it does NOT represent the common people's interest. It represents the interest of the G7 nations and mainly the US, Britain and Europe - and of those nations, their respective governments are run by multinational corporations. So stop with this ridiculous notion that they went ahead with the attacks to save the poor Libyan people. nothing could be further from the truth.

I guess the biggest thing to understand is that the US government does not act in your best interest. It doesn’t give a damn about you. And if they don't give a damn about you then they certainly don't give two shits about some poor Libyans running around in the desert. The US govt. acts in the best interests of the global elite i.e. banksters, wall st., supra national corporations...etc. corporations are the real governments, not the US.

gouchobob said:
you have to question some of the rationality and objectivity of some of the posters here.

you took the words right out of my mouth bob.

What about him? Did he started an indian war by himself? Not at all!!!
The Argentinian Congres ORDERED him to organize the attack to indian lands.
It was the Congress who bought the Krupp guns in Germany and the Remington Patria rifles in the USA.
Roca was only the war minister then, and had he opposed the attack, somebody else would have replaced him, to the same end.
Roca was our local version of US General Custer, only he was luckier.

It really makes me giggle :) to see how Marcsoc & Amargo run in fear when confronted with this question (bellow)....just so everyone can see...these two posters have so far avoided answering my question...why? cause they can't.

"How would you feel if Cristina ordered in foreign troops/mercenaries from Chile to come into BsAs to shoot & slaughter pro democracy demonstrators in Plaza de Mayo? If you agree with letting Gaddafi do what he wants, then you agree with the same thing happening here."

Guillo said:
Sorry if I'm mistaken...but wasn't the dictator supported by the US?

notebook.fix said:
It really makes me giggle :) to see how Marcsoc & Amargo run in fear when confronted with this question (bellow)....just so everyone can see...these two posters have so far avoided answering my question...why? cause they can't.

"How would you feel if Cristina ordered in foreign troops/mercenaries from Chile to come into BsAs to shoot & slaughter pro democracy demonstrators in Plaza de Mayo? If you agree with letting Gaddafi do what he wants, then you agree with the same thing happening here."

I agree it seems like many of the answers are almost pre-programed. It's quite predictable what they will say on almost any issue. The same can be said about myself, I will always come out out on the side of democracy, freedom, including economic freedom. These posts are just a drop of water in the ocean but perhaps over time they will add up to something.

Spot on...it amazes me how they miss the big picture..that more or less ignorance around economics results in a form of modern day slavery.

They confuse free market capitalism with global Corporate dictatorships,...etc etc...after reluctantly being dragged into it now the US will probably pull out of the UN alliance against Gaddafi but you can bet that soon enough they'll find a way to turn this one into some sort of CIA conspiracy against Argentina blah blah...it's almost comical.

Like you say, hopefully one day, the penny will drop.

gouchobob said:
I agree it seems like many of the answers are almost pre-programed. It's quite predictable what they will say on almost any issue. The same can be said about myself, I will always come out out on the side of democracy, freedom, including economic freedom. These posts are just a drop of water in the ocean but perhaps over time they will add up to something.

Goucho et al.: one thing is to opposse Kadafi (normal), another is to believe that anything that the US does is based on ideological grounds. It is all about money, and not even for the country, but for some CEOs. I am not anti-american, I am anti-Greenspan, Summers, etc etc. This is not Ike, Stalin or whatever, this is the era of the quick (big) buck and let the rest burn. The US is waging another war, this time without even Congress approval, using taxpayer money, for some dubious purpose that will be clear only in the years to come, when we get to see the contracts promised, the futures options realized and whatnot.

Do I think that Kadafi is a dictator that should be in prison? Yes.
Do I think that Libyans will be better off after this intervention? No.
Do the rebels represent the Libyans? Only part of them.
Do the US has economic interests in doing this? Of course.

I do not believe in fairy tales anymore.

As I said, it is not 'either you are with us or are anti-democratic'. I am against Gaddafi, against the Talibans. But also against senseless war and carnage of civilians. A no-fly zone is something completely different than that done so far.
Some good two years ago Russia stepped in to defend the rebel south ossetians. All the Western countries were upset, including Sarkozy who was about to take a gun and shot at the Russians himself.
Now he is the first to support the rebels (well, at least after Gaddafi said he had financed his presidential campaign).
The USA and the UK do also the same.
This is not realpolitik, this is hypocrisy and double moral.

How would you feel if Cristina ordered in foreign troops/mercenaries from Chile to come into BsAs to shoot & slaughter pro democracy demonstrators in Plaza de Mayo? If you agree with letting Gaddafi do what he wants, then you agree with the same thing happening here.

marksoc said:
Goucho et al.: one thing is to opposse Kadafi (normal), another is to believe that anything that the US does is based on ideological grounds. It is all about money, and not even for the country, but for some CEOs. I am not anti-american, I am anti-Greenspan, Summers, etc etc. This is not Ike, Stalin or whatever, this is the era of the quick (big) buck and let the rest burn. The US is waging another war, this time without even Congress approval, using taxpayer money, for some dubious purpose that will be clear only in the years to come, when we get to see the contracts promised, the futures options realized and whatnot.

Do I think that Kadafi is a dictator that should be in prison? Yes.
Do I think that Libyans will be better off after this intervention? No.
Do the rebels represent the Libyans? Only part of them.
Do the US has economic interests in doing this? Of course.

I do not believe in fairy tales anymore.

Back