Argentina Slams United Kingdom Over Antarctica 'imperialism'

Ceviche

Registered
Argentina is protesting Britain's decision to name a vast swath of Antarctica as Queen Elizabeth Land.

The foreign ministry has handed a formal protest note to British Ambassador in Buenos Aires.

The note rejects London's claim since 1908 to a chunk of Antarctic known as the British Antarctic Territory, and it criticizes what Argentina calls Britain's "imperialistic ambitions going back to ancient practices."

Argentina has long claimed as its own the land named after the British monarch this week. That area is about a third of the British Antarctic Territory.

Argentina also claims the British territory of the Falkland Islands, which are known as Las Malvinas in Spanish. The two nations fought a brief but bloody war over the South Atlanticarchipelago 30 years ago.

Argentina might as well piss into the wind for all the notice HMG will give them over this issue.
It's done and dusted. The referendum in the Falklands next year will seal this.

Argentina might as well piss into the wind for all the notice HMG will give them over this issue.
It's done and dusted. The referendum in the Falklands next year will seal this.
This is true. Although I doubt that Argentina will "recognise" the referendum.
And as things in Argentina go from bad to worse, the government will keep bringing this up - as if the people of Argentina can only pay attention to one thing at a time.
Personally, I don't believe Her Royal Haughtiness Cristina is desperate and stupid enough to have a repeat of '82.
Yet.
But as the pressure against her rises, and she become more unhinged, and fractured from the rest of the world, she may resort to more severe (and idiotic) measures.
If or when that happens, a referendum won't be worth the paper it's written on.

Now that the Libertad has been repatriated Argentina can DECLARE WAR. Teach those nasty British pirates a thing or two! How about reviving conscription? A good way to find work for all the delinquents out there.

Considering that the Argentine armed forces have been reduced to nothing more than an underpaid militia since the dictatorship, any talk of military aggression by Argentina is quite frankly, pure fantasy.

My ex girls bro was in the islands,captured by the pirates,said he was well treated and safe.He was 18yo conscript at the time,
nice bloke,most argies are...not blokes...nice.

Poor little old kretina the botox hag is desperate to distract everyone from the BIG mess she's made..she's attacked la Rural, clarin, the judiciary, moyano, caceroleros, the British, the Americans, the Europeans but nothing seems to work in her favor any more...gees, I wonder why?

Back