Argentina, the black economy and living without banking

BROOKLYN said:
OH excuse me sir..your from the cradle of culture.lol! I dont give a rats ass where u from..mr.grey poupon escargot eating fool! well I tell ya where im from...I will tell ya where im from..from nuuu yawwk.city. capital of the world..baby!!!:p

Mmm...the cradle of culture in Europe could be either Greece or Italy as France's first city (Marseille) was founded by Greek colonizers around the year 600 before Christ. Thank god Nuuu Yawwk.city. is called the "gateway for immigration to the US" on Wikipedia: I am pretty sure all foreigners feel absolutely at ease when they arrive there and meet such a wonderful welcoming ambassador calling them names! ;)

Actually I am originally from New York City, have lived in many neighborhoods there, upper west side, midtown, bronx, brooklyn, and I have to say nowhere in the world comes close to the variety of people, cultures and food that co-exist side by side there. Brooklyn could practically be it's own state, you run the gamut there from highly eductated yuppies to white trash and everything else in between. For me the best parts of Brooklyn were Bensonhurst / Bay Ridge and awl the Italyan big hair girls named Ann-Marie Scozzafava and their boyfriends Vinny Muffalettini side by side with the little grandmothers eternally dressed in black with a wooden spoon in hand. And the Russian neighborhood at the end of the line near coney island called "Brighton Beach" you see all these 6 foot tall russian ladies with HUGE boobies watermelon sized buying fish and black bread wearing fur coats and big glittery earrings in the supermarkets on Brighton Beach Avenue. The russian men are big bellied but solid and swim in the Atlantic Ocean in 0 degrees and are part of the polar bear club. Ahhhh good ol' New Yawk.......

Davidglen77 said:
Actually I am originally from New York City, have lived in many neighborhoods there, upper west side, midtown, bronx, brooklyn, and I have to say nowhere in the world comes close to the variety of people, cultures and food that co-exist side by side there. Brooklyn could practically be it's own state, you run the gamut there from highly eductated yuppies to white trash and everything else in between. For me the best parts of Brooklyn were Bensonhurst / Bay Ridge and awl the Italyan big hair girls named Ann-Marie Scozzafava and their boyfriends Vinny Muffalettini side by side with the little grandmothers eternally dressed in black with a wooden spoon in hand. And the Russian neighborhood at the end of the line near coney island called "Brighton Beach" you see all these 6 foot tall russian ladies with HUGE boobies watermelon sized buying fish and black bread wearing fur coats and big glittery earrings in the supermarkets on Brighton Beach Avenue. The russian men are big bellied but solid and swim in the Atlantic Ocean in 0 degrees and are part of the polar bear club. Ahhhh good ol' New Yawk.......
your absolutely right! 6 foot tall russian ladies with fur coats! and tacky earrings! lol...sadly the italian section is dwindling...I live in bensonhurst. 18th ave, 86st street. aint what it used to be...

BROOKLYN said:
your absolutely right! 6 foot tall russian ladies with fur coats! and tacky earrings! lol...sadly the italian section is dwindling...I live in bensonhurst. 18th ave, 86st street. aint what it used to be...

I know, last time I was in Brooklyn around Bay Ridge, I saw that many Russian businesses had opened in what was a strictly Italian neighborhood for more than a century. Italians are like 4 or 5 generations past the immigrant stage now, even the mayor was (Giuliani) and the governor of New York State (Cuomo) are Italian, and those guys are not into living in Bay Ridge or Bensonhurst. Italians in New York are highly educated and the majority are professionals. I had a good friend years ago who lived on 86th st in Brooklyn and I remember the bakerys aroud there, we used to buy strufoli, canolis and italian cookies with pignoli nuts on them what great stuff. Today I even read that they want to eliminate the San Gennaro festival in what's left of little Italy in downtown Manhattan. I remember when Little Italy was about 20 blocks around and now there are about 4 blocks left and the rest is all Chinatown. Oh well, that's New Yawk.

Back