Argentine/american Student Looking For Friends/gluttons

nikanela

Registered
Hello!

I'm Micaela, currently studying for a semester at the UBA and I don't know many people so I thought I should post here.
Born in Argentina and lived here for a very short period of time before moving to the States (where my mother's from) and bouncing around there. Currently in my 3rd year of studying History and Cultural Studies, came here to work on my Spanish and bond with the motherland I guess.

I really like to eat and try out new restaurants, so I would love to make friends who'd be interested in exploring BA's food scene with me. I also like museums, walking around, and thrift stores (the only places where clothing here is semi decently priced haha). I feel like I'm sitting around the apartment too much, so I would basically just like anything to get me out and looking around.

So if anyone wants to go eat or get a coffee, let me know!

Hi Micaela!

I know very well, what you are talking about.
I am from Germany, living here now for a few months and did not explore so much.
A real Culture clash ;)
If you are interested in having a coffee or just to talk a bit..whatever ..i would be happy!
Greetings

If you would enjoy going to a museum or having a coffee - I would be happy to meet with you too. Depends of course if you would want to meet with someone my age. My Spanish is not there at all. I come here to BA about five months per year to stay with a friend. The remainder of my time is between two other locations in the States. Like keeping within certain temperature limits. Not too hot nor too cold. All the best Walter

I sometimes go to the Salvation Army store's main branch.
They have everything, including a kitchen sink or two.
Also if the weather is nice I hit the fleas on Sunday.

Oooh, did someone say flea markets and salvation army???? I am in need of some warmer gear as I've stayed here in Argentina longer than expected and don't have clothes for fall climate. I'm down for a thrift adventure+tasty treats if anyone wants to join

Thrift adventure and tasty treats describes my perfect day.
I've heard the market in San Telmo on the weekend is really good but have yet to go.

I'd be interested, for when I move thehre at least, I'll be there in January.if you're still there!!

I'm leaving in August so it looks like we'll miss each other, but I can try to pass on a list of my favorite places to you near the end :)

Back