Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bajo_cero2 said:
I asume you have no DNI in my reply.
On reply 186 you can see what the Federal Judges are asking if you want to do the procedure without a lawyer. If you full fit them all, you can do it alone.

Otherwise you need a lawyer specilized in applying for citizenship being irregular.

In that case you only need your and your spounse´s passport and the birth certificate of your child, police address certificate and to evidence you have an honest way of living. Regarding the honest way of life, how to evidence it depends, we should talk about it, send me a pm for a free consultation.

The citizenship procedure is like a criminal investigation where the judge investigate your background, so, you don´t need to provide your criminal record (in fact it is forbidden to accept it) and you don´t need to translate or apostille the evidence you show like passport, bank statements, etc.

The birth certificate isn´t needed but it is better to have it to make the power attorney.

Once you have an Argentinian child you can apply the day after he or she was born even if you have 2 days in this country.

Usually the procedure takes about 1 year. In the case of having an Argentinian child I am (pushing the envelope) asking to do not order the investigation about your background in order to save time because according to Supreme Court they have to grant you with citizenship even you have a criminal sentence against you. This way it might takes 3 months instead of 1 year.

Regards

Bajo cero

So in reference to your explanation above , is the law applicable for the spouse of a Argentine citizen as well? he/She can apply for citizenship within 2 days of getting married &/or getting the permanent residency because of his/her marriage to a Argentine citizen. And that case will also just take 3 months as compared to 3 years for a normal citizenship case?

Captain Cheetah said:
Bajo cero

So in reference to your explanation above , is the law applicable for the spouse of a Argentine citizen as well? he/She can apply for citizenship within 2 days of getting married &/or getting the permanent residency because of his/her marriage to a Argentine citizen. And that case will also just take 3 months as compared to 3 years for a normal citizenship case?

There is a general rule (2 years of continious residence) and several exceptions, one of them is to be the spounse/father/mother of an Argentinian.

A normal citizenship case takes between 8 up to 12 months.

Only when children are involved I can ask to bypass the request for information and then the case might take 3 months. But in this case I am pushing the envelope, I can´t assert the case will be done in 3 months because that´s up to the judge.

Regards

steveinbsas said:
I recently needed to have my Argentine accountant write a letter to get a firearms permit. The ladies in the office today thought the letter was fine, just needs to be updated and addressed to the juzgada federal instead of the tiro federal.

Federal Judges accepts certificado de ingresos from an accountant. As you see, it is much simplier than the DGM requirements. Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
There is a general rule (2 years of continious residence) and several exceptions, one of them is to be the spounse/father/mother of an Argentinian.

A normal citizenship case takes between 8 up to 12 months.

Only when children are involved I can ask to bypass the request for information and then the case might take 3 months. But in this case I am pushing the envelope, I can´t assert the case will be done in 3 months because that´s up to the judge.

Regards

In that case, do the spouses, parents of Argentines have to show a apostiled bank document/ account certificate?

Update:

Irregular Dominican with passport and trabajo en negro:

The Prosecutor said that as an inhabitant, my client has the right to entry, stay, transit and abandon the country any time he wants. As soon as his address is here the continuity is not interrupted. The address is keep by the will to keep it regarding Civil Code.

Essentially he used all my arguments.

The judge ordered to provide the reports! :D:D:D

So, essentially the case is won. In about 8 months he will be Argentinian (unless the reports show he is a criminal).

Regards

New update:

Irregular Chinese citizen with Argentinian family:

Topics under debate: trabajo en negro, criminal record -he was found not guilty-, he only had birth certificate, expired DNI.

The judge ordered to provide a new address certificate. I presented it.
I talked with the Secretary today, he said he is going to reject the address certificate because it says "commercial address". But he said that as soon as I present a new address certificate he order the oficios.

So the case was approved.

Regards

Excellent work.

What is "black work"? Working without documents? How much time his process took?

Trabajondo en negro is "working under the table". It's a way for the employer to pay less and/or avoid paying taxes on wages and benefits. Sometimes it's associated with "slave labor" in sweatshops and more common an employee's weekly wage is split into two; one part is reported and taxes paid and the other part is paid under the table and not reported.

mini said:
Please, Gunther. Give me a break.

As I said, Laurel asked a general question & I gave her a general answer. SHE can go look further if she's interested. However, I'm quite sure that Laurel has no intent of becoming a citizen of Iran or N.Korea nor is she going to become a high ranking officer in a foreign military that is at war with the US.

And, BTW, you certainly CAN join a foreign military without losing US citizenship and the US gov't is not looking for "ways to trip you up" as they accept dual citizenship.

You can stop arguing with me about this now. ;)

Agreed, and the reason is simple they do not want to give up a tax payer. It was becoming quite common for the super wealthy to renounce their citizenship to avoid paying taxes. The felt they were rich enough to negotiate their way around the world with just lawyers from particular countries. Last time I checked it was a six or seven year process to renounce your U.S. citizenship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back