Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bajo_cero2 said:
If you have the Bahia Blanca´s brochure, I will really appriciate if you can mail me the original in paper for my personal collection.

All they gave me was a small piece of a photocopy (torn from a bigger one) with this list (verbatim).

DNI o Certificado Migraciones o Ced. Iden.
Certificado Nacimento (legalizado en el pais de origen)
Certificado trabajo o ultimo aporte jublitorio
Certificado de domicilio 48 hs validez
Solicitud de ciudadania (en el Juzgado)

Thanks of the additional information and offer to assist.

Also, I was wondering if they would be the ones to ask for certified photocopies of the papers I submitted to the DGM regarding my pension and the birth certificate. Migraciones has all of the originals. I do have photocopies, but they are not legalized.

I also have a letter form my Argentine accountant verifying the last three months income and ATM withdrawals (to present to the Tiro Federal), but I didn't mention it (yet).

Regards.

If you show them your accountant´s report with the accountant´s bar association stamp (it´s like the apostille but for accountants), it is enough.
Regards

Here (once again) is the post that BC2 picked apart line by line (as if I was the original source of the information):

steveinbsas said:
Since this thread has resurfaced, here is some additional information:

"Argentinean citizenship can only be applied for after a number of years. To become an Argentinean citizen, you generally have to be resident in Argentina for 2 years and fulfill certain conditions.

In most cases, you have to fulfill most or all of the following conditions:

Be older than 18 years of age
Uninterrupted residence of at least 2 years in Argentina, documented at the Dirección de Migraciones
Birth certificate legalized by the Argentinean consulate in your country of origin
Copy of your DNI and passport
Certificate of domicile
Proof of sufficient funds and/or an employment contract
If you have Argentinean children, a copy of the birth certificate and a certificate of the Immigration office.

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Argentina/Argentina-Guide/Visas-Permits/Citizenship

Here is the "same" information from the Argentine government (as provided by another member):

http://www.argentina.gov.ar/argentin...html?pagina=80

I could not get to the exact page by clicking on the link, so here is the relevant text:

Requisitos para Obtener la Ciudadanía Argentina
Requisitos:
• Ser mayor de dieciocho años.
• Tener dos años de residencia ininterrumpida y documentada en el país, certificada por la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones.

Documentación Exigida:
• Partida de nacimiento legalizada por el consulado argentino en el país de origen.
• Fotocopia de D.N.I., cédula, pasaporte.
• Certificado de domicilio original.
• Justificación de medios de vida: contrato de trabajo, certificado de trabajo actual o recibo de sueldo. En caso de ser autónomo, fotocopia de comprobante de aportes.
• Si tiene hijos argentinos, acompañar fotocopia de las partidas de nacimiento y certificado de Migraciones

It appears (at least to me) that Just Landed simply provided an English translation of the same requirements.

Just landed is not the only site providing information regarding citizenship and some of this the information appears to "conflict" with what Bajo_cero2 has posted.

Here's an example from another site: http://expat-argentina.blogspot.com/2005/08/dual-citizenship.html

I bring this up because it's reasonable to conclude that other expats who are also wannabe Argentine citizens are getting information from these sites. Who knows how many who actually desire dual citizenship with Argentina and their home countries are reading what is posted in this forum?

Unless I missed a post in another thread, there aren't any members of BAexpats (except for yours truly) who indicated they are planning to apply for citizenship. El Kalifornicator implied he was granted citizenship in December, but added nothing whatsoever about the process of applying for it. We do know he already had residency and a DNI for a number of years and did not use a lawyer to obtain Argentine citizenship.

So who else cares, anyway? I think those who own property and live here full time without "legal residency" could benefit greatly from the information that Bajo_cero@ has provided and perhaps his services as well.

PS: There's a lot of "contradictory" information regarding Argentine citizenship on the web. Here's are the requirements for citizenship from an agency that helps foreigners obtain residency, DNI's, and citizenship (from a web page I accessed today):

It shows a five year time line before it is even possible for a foreigner to apply for citizenship.

http://www.argentinaresidency.com/services/argentina-citizenship-passports.htm

I know Bajo_cero2 is "reluctant" to criticize other lawyers here. I wonder what he has to say about agencies who charge "big bucks" for their services and publish information that may keep their clients paying them fees for several years.

steveinbsas said:
I know Bajo_cero2 is "reluctant" to criticize other lawyers here. I wonder what he has to say about agencies who charge "big bucks" for their services and publish information that may keep their clients paying them fees for several years.

Steve, my behave is according to the code of ethics:

Capitulo 5:
Deberes Fundamentales del Abogado respecto de sus Colegas

Art. 14: Dignidad y Ecuanimidad: Todo abogado debe respetar la dignidad de sus colegas y hacer que se la respete. No debe compartir la maledicencia del cliente hacia su anterior abogado ni respecto del que represente o patrocine a la contraparte. Debe abstenerse de expresiones indebidas o injuriosas respecto de sus colegas, así como aludir a antecedentes personales, ideológicos, políticos, religiosos o raciales que puedan resultar ofensivos o discriminatorios. Los sentimientos hostiles que puedan existir entre los clientes no deben influir en la conducta y disposición de los abogados entre sí.

Bajo_cero2 said:
Steve, my behave is according to the code of ethics

I understand that, but I still wonder if you have any comment about the agencies that use what I believe you would label "disinformation" to sell their services (year after year) to foreigners seeking Argentine citizenship.

(Publishing information that a foreigner has to wait five years to apply for citizenship is the best example I've found.)

Is that true, I am curious, too, will the US revoke my citizenship if I get a another citizenship in another country? My fiance has two passports, he was born in Ohio to Argentinian parents, and then at 5 years old they moved back to Argentina, and there he obtained a citizenship in Argentina. He left Argentina 1995 to the US and came back Dec 2010. He did make visits every year to Argentina through out that time. He didn't have to pay the 135 dollar new fee that I had to pay,with my American passport. I am confused. My 90 days are almost up, and I am thinking should we just get married now, or get stamped out in Uruguay. My passport is clean, hasn't been stamped yet. I am visiting my family in NY for two months in May. I am wondering if I am going to have problems now getting back in. This is very confusing. I read the forums but they are not updated.

[FONT=&quot]
steveinbsas said:
I understand that, but I still wonder if you have any comment about the agencies that use what I believe you would label "disinformation" to sell their services (year after year) to foreigners seeking Argentine citizenship.
steveinbsas said:
(Publishing information that a foreigner has to wait five years to apply for citizenship is the best example I've found.)

Well, let´s see. At the DGM they inform that after permanent residency you can apply for citizenship, 2 years later. It means 5 years.

This is the Videla Thesis and there are some respected Constitutional publicist who wrote defending this like Dr. Cayuso.

Regarding my collegues, they are specialized about immigration. If you want to know about citizenship your should consult a lawyer who is specialized about citizenship, simple like that.

Regarding the huge misinformation about citizenship, we are suffering the legacy of Videla:

In 1976 the genocidal Jorge Rafael Videla took the power by force.

Videla was responsible for the genocide of 30,000 people.

He enacted a citizenship law that was designed to do not give citizenship (legal residence, legal work, 5 years, all the info should be provided by the solicitant who was guilty until he evidence his innocence, etc).

The requirements you found in the internet and the federal judges are asking are regarding this law.

In that time there were many brilliant lawyers working citizenship and there was a long tradition about excellent litigant defending immigrants’ rights at Supreme Court. That´s why during 85 years precedents were so rich.

I have studied the last 100 years precedents and that´s why I found solutions for all the issues expats have (perma-tourist regarding 2 years of continuous residence, legal residence vsus just residence, criminal record, illegal frontier crossing, etc) as far I developed legal tools to deal with the way they value the evidence.

But since 1977 to 2009 there were not one single precedent about citizenship at Supreme Court.

That´s because Videla kidnapped and killed those lawyers who defended human rights and immigrants. Since then, there were no lawyers litigating citizenship.

That´s why judges don´t even realize that they are applying an abolished law.

The fact is that law enforceability is regarding to lawyers who claim for justice.

If there is no lawyers claiming for it, well, you know.

Regards[/FONT]

mhenna11 said:
Is that true, I am curious, too, will the US revoke my citizenship if I get a another citizenship in another country?

No at all.
Send me a PM and we talk about your case.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
[FONT=&quot] Videla was responsible for the genocide of 30,000 people.
[/FONT]

This is getting off topic, but I was severely criticized (here) several years ago for providing a link to a website which claimed that 30,000 Argentine citizens were killed during the military rule. All I wanted to do was learn more about the history of the period.

Those who disagreed with the 30,000 figure cited CONADEP and Nunca Mas. They estimated the total number of fatalities during the Videla rule to be less than 9,000 and the 30,000 figure actually referred to the total number of those kidnapped or detained.

Is is possible to know which number is credible? Either way, the numbers are appalling.

steveinbsas said:
This is getting off topic, but I was severely criticized (here) several years ago for providing a link to a website which claimed that 30,000 Argentine citizens were killed during the military rule. All I wanted to do was learn more about the history of the period.

Those who disagreed with the 30,000 figure cited CONADEP and Nunca Mas. They estimated the total number of fatalities during the Videla rule to be less than 9,000 and the 30,000 figure actually referred to the total number of those kidnapped or detained.

Is is even possible to know which number is credible?

CONADEP is 100% credible. Of course you know that there is still people who assert that there was not such a thing as a holocaust during WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial

The genocide in Argentina is not under debate, it is a fact in the same way that the existence of the holocaust is a fact.

If you want to know better about the 70`s in this country, I suggest you read "La Voluntad".
http://www.lsf.com.ar/libros/83/VOLUNTAD-LA-TOMO-1/

The second is about the dictadura. I couldn´t read it.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back