Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - I didn't exactly do it ''solo'' - I actually started out with a lawyer who is well known on this forum - but I finished it off with my de facto Argentine partner acting as my lawyer instead - doing a far better job than he ever did and getting me results WITHOUT costing me 3000 USD. I paid that character $2000 dollars for absolutely NOTHING - and whilst I will not go into that part in this open forum lets just say that my partner has appeared in court on my behalf more than once - and the judges themselves had more than a few words to say about the lawyer in question...

However - bottom line - I started off on a 3 month tourist visa - I didn't renew as I was advised to ''lay low'' and all would be well - I was also advised various things by ''my lawyer'' - lets just say it turned out fine - despite him. I needed to show proof of work/income/money coming in - and even though that was on overseas income that worked out to be fine - of course I had to submit the usual stuff that has been mentioned here many times before - police check from my country of birth/previous residence - birth certificate (these being apostilled by the Argentine consulate/embassy back home) - local paperwork included things like the local police certificate to say I live where I say I live (the address) and so on. Its a long slow drawn out process - or at least it has been for me to get to the point I am at now.

All the usual documentation that I have seen mentioned here when I myself was still in the middle of this process has been submitted - and the final hurdle which I went through a few weeks ago was a written Spanish language test on a particular article of the constitution - actually a couple from memory. My written Spanish is terrible but I still managed to get through it - it was basically on executive power, rights of strangers as opposed to citizens and a few other things - I think if *I* can pass it anyone who spends a bit of time on the constitution and can speak okay Spanish will pass it easily...

As I understand it once I get this letter from the court all I have to do is present myself to some office in Once, within a month they will deliver to me in my apartment my DNI/etc. - I guess that the passport I will apply for after that like any local does...

There you have it - in a nutshell, I should officially be Argentine within days :)

I needed to show proof of work/income/money coming in - and even though that was on overseas income that worked out to be fine -

Congratulations! I was really excited to get the DNI for permanent residency. To get the DNI that doesn't have EXTRANJERO emblazoned on it will be great (even if I have to change the numbers with every service I have the old number applied to).

With respect to your income. I would love to hear more about that from people who have had to use foreign income. I have Monotributista status, but most of my income is generated abroad and make it here on my person, Xoom (occasionally) and by other connections. So....some blanco...some...not so much. What did you have to provide from your foreign income? Foreign bank statements, tax returns...and how did your funds end up in Argentina...at least for the benefit of the court?

Congrats again on earning your Carta!

B

Has anyone had a positive experience with Christian Rubilar? So far I have talked to 3 people and each one has said that he did nothing except take their money. A couple of the people even had to complete many parts themselves because rubilar's ability to handle the case was lacking and his communication was horrible.

I understand there are always people with bad experiences and a few bad cases does not represent someone's ability to handle cases. However, I have not talked to ANYONE that had a positive experience or felt that Rubilar handled their case well. Is there anyone (preferably with a long post history on the forum) that has had a positive experience with Rubilar? If so, can you share that experience or PM me if you do not want to share it publicly?

Has anyone had a positive experience with Christian Rubilar? So far I have talked to 3 people and each one has said that he did nothing except take their money. A couple of the people even had to complete many parts themselves because rubilar's ability to handle the case was lacking and his communication was horrible.

I understand there are always people with bad experiences and a few bad cases does not represent someone's ability to handle cases. However, I have not talked to ANYONE that had a positive experience or felt that Rubilar handled their case well. Is there anyone (preferably with a long post history on the forum) that has had a positive experience with Rubilar? If so, can you share that experience or PM me if you do not want to share it publicly?

I had a good experience working with him and I wrote about a bit of it a few pages back.

But I just woke up and am now going back to sleep, so you'll have wait until I'm fully awake and at a computer (and not using my phone).

Perhaps you could learn to read what is already on this thread, including the large number of success stories handled by Dr Rubilar and clearly documented here.

And before you take any notice of the rantings of Juanito (above, who has not yet managed to get his citizenship, despite his optimism) I suggest you also read his rantings about his rental woes on another thread. His is not legal advice (or advice about legal services) I would want to trust.

Of course you do not say who has given you a bad impression of Dr Rubilar's services, but possibly they did not understand that the whole process takes quite some time (about 2 years), and that little happens (from the client perspective) from the time you have lodged all documents and done all the fingerprints to the time you get your citizenship. That does not mean your lawyer is doing nothing. Nor have you made it clear what parts they felt they had to complete themselves - there are some parts of the process you have to do yourself because that is the way the process works here.

It is important to be very precise about specifics in these cases. People who have a DNI (or a right to citizenship by way of birth or marriage) can reasonably easily pursue citizenship on their own, or with a lawyer who dabbles in these cases (or so I understand). People who do not meet those criteria need expert help. Dr Rubilar now has a long and proven track record with the second category of applications, while few cases in that category (if any) have been noted here as completed by the applicant alone, or with other lawyers.

And while it is true his English is not perfect, that is not the point of employing him.

Not only is Dr Rubilar held in very high esteem by very many of his clients (I can't speak for all), but he has also freely and generously shared an enormous amount of precise legal information on this forum. He certainly doesn't deserve the kind of defamation you are serving up in your 'question'.

I hope that clarifies things for you.
La Fleur

Not only is Dr Rubilar held in very high esteem by very many of his clients (I can't speak for all), but he has also freely and generously shared an enormous amount of precise legal information on this forum. He certainly doesn't deserve the kind of defamation you are serving up in your 'question'.

Couldn't agree more!

I don't know Dr. Rubilar but, despite occasional grammatical and spelling lapses in English, he appears to try to provide useful information. On another topic, I have only limited knowledge of Argentine defamation law (after miscaptioning a photograph, my former publisher once had to ask forgiveness from Domingo Cavallo, who responded graciously), I would be circumspect about criticizing a lawyer in either print or other media.

I recently posted my positive experience with Dr. Rubilar (which resulted in obtaining Argentine citizenship last month). Dr. Rubilar did everything called for in the contract in the exact timeline stated at exactly the contracted price and most importantly, WON the case.

... he has also freely and generously shared an enormous amount of precise legal information on this forum.

As a lawyer myself I've been impressed by how forthcoming the counselor in question has been wrt providing free legal information in this forum. Not being licensed to practice outside of Canada, I cannot attest to the precision of said advice, but my trust level is greatly enhanced by his frankness and modesty whenever the subject is one that's outside of his bailiwick. While his participation might be construed as a form of marketing, my sense is that he invests far more time and effort here than would be necessary to achieve that end.

As a lawyer myself I've been impressed by how forthcoming the counselor in question has been wrt providing free legal information in this forum. Not being licensed to practice outside of Canada, I cannot attest to the precision of said advice, but my trust level is greatly enhanced by his frankness and modesty whenever the subject is one that's outside of his bailiwick. While his participation might be construed as a form of marketing, my sense is that he invests far more time and effort here than would be necessary to achieve that end.

Although not a lawyer myself, but as someone who went through the bureaucratic mill in Argentina in the 1990s when computers weren't even used much in public service there, and personal files literally flied around the room at the DNM, and it took us 3 (!) years to actually figure out what was the exact problem that our file was halted for 3 years (the problem was a missing copy of our Character Cert that our stupid lawyers failed to tell us was the problem), and having to do all the dirty work of fighting the (already exhausted) bureaucrats myself, I can tell you that Dr Rubilar whose contributions I have observed here throughout, is someone very competent in this line of work and knows very well what he is talking about, no-bullshit. So, although I've never used his services, if it came to that I'd rather go to him because from the style of his presentation (I am a mental health counsellor, so know some about that) he will be clear, honest and direct, and no time waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back