Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
el_expatriado said:
It looks like you answered your own question. Mercosur citizens in Brazil can get a special visa that lets them work.

No actually, I could not answer the question.

It seems that unless you are a Argentine citizen for 5 years, you are not eligible for the program.

On other hand, it seems that since one enters Brazil ( without visa) basis the Argentine citizenship acquired by naturalization, one can work without visa at least for a short while!!

Thats where I am perplexed!

I won another cases of a Chinese inhabitant with an irregular immigration status:

Untitled-11.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg

* She applied with passport and birth certificate
* She has a supermarket under somebody else´s name
* She arrived 4 years ago

Regards

mch said:
My Spanish test for citizenship was very simple and not at all intimidating: about 5 minutes chat where I was asked what I was doing here and a few details about my work. I also talked about my experiences of tango - where I dance, why it brought me here, etc. It was informal and friendly and took place in a little office overflowing with paperwork. I'd imagined a kind of court scene! I didn't have to write anything. She did throw in a few questions at the end in quite quick Spanish, repeating requests for information about my work, so that was no doubt a test of comprehension as against a prepared speech.

Hope that's helpful.

Irregular Chinese petitioner with deportation order against him and no Spanish at all (This is another Lin)

I continue fighting against the language test and I have achieved a major victory.

This case is finished but my client doesn´t speak Spanish.

The prosecutor insisted with the language test.

I replied in a very aggressive way asking for sentence in 3 working days because all the legal requirements are fulfilled, the language test abolished and the only legal requirement regarding the language is to provide a translator when the petitioner doesn´t speak Spanish.

The judge ordered a hearing with a translator. The hearing was great!!!

Now the case is at the prosecutor office because he has to enact a legal opinion before the judge can enact a sentence.

Lin123.jpg

Bajo_cero2 said:
(This is another Lin)
I continue fighting against the language test and I have achieved a major victory.

This case is finished but my client doesn´t speak Spanish.

The prosecutor insisted with the language test.

I replied in a very aggressive way asking for sentence in 3 working days because all the legal requirements are fulfilled, the language test abolished and the only legal requirement regarding the language is to provide a translator when the petitioner doesn´t speak Spanish.

The judge ordered a hearing with a translator. The hearing was great.

Now the case is at the prosecutor office because he has to enact a legal opinion before the judge can enact a sentence.

This Chinese inhabitant has a deportation order against him.

Lin123.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j170/Ch_rubilar/Lin123.jpg

Could you post here when you get the ruling on that.

Ceviche said:
Yes, I do understand that this thread is about Argentine citizenship. But I had a question related to this vis -a - vis as to the advantages of holding Argentine citizenship.

Does Argentine citizenship ( not by BIRTH) but via all what we have been discussing on this thread, entitle one to legally work in Brazil or Chile?

I have some sub questions pertaining to this. It will be awesome if we could discuss answers to these basis your experience.

1. If one is a Argentine citizen by naturalization ..and enters Brazil ( visa free basis the citizenship)...can he/she perform work in Brazil? or at least short term work for few days. Of course implications of taxes etc set in. But my query is about short term work lasting 2-4 days.

2. If one is a Argentine citizen citizen by naturalization, can one apply for permanent residency in Brazil/Chile?

My doubts came from reading some conflicting articles on the internet.

aa) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_South_American_Nations

Quote "Eligible citizens of the Mercosur member countries (Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay) and two Mercosur "associated countries" (Chile and Bolivia) can now apply for a special two-year temporary residency program in Brazil using a simplified application process. The new program was introduced by a government decree published on 8 October 2009, but administrative delays prevented the new program from being implemented until now.
Under the new program, natural-born citizens of these countries, or individuals who have held citizenship in these countries for at ""least five years"", plus their legal dependents (regardless of nationality), may obtain temporary residency status in Brazil that will remain valid for two years. The temporary residency program is not linked to a specific employer, and from an immigration perspective, these residents are eligible to work for any employer in Brazil. After the first two years, the candidate is eligible for permanent residency." unquote

bb) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercosur

Quote "The commitment by the member states to make the necessary adjustments to their laws in pertinent areas to allow for the strengthening of the integration process. The Asunción Treaty is based on the doctrine of the reciprocal rights and obligations of the member states. Mercosur initially targeted free-trade zones, then customunification, and finally a common market. The common market will allow (in addition to customs unification) the"" free movement of manpower"" and capital across the member nations, and depends the grating of equal rights and duties to all member countries. " unquote

Wikipedia is not the best source of information.
The Mercosur is a copy of the Eurozone.
So, yes, the whole idea is that the only thing that you need for a working permit is to evidence to be a citizen of a country of Mercosur and a clean criminal record.
If you have doubts about Brazil, just send an email the the Brazilian Embassy in Buenos Aires in Spanish.
Regards

Congratulations to you bajo_cero, your client looks very happy!

Quick question - do you deal with cases where people are residing outside the capital?

Thanks

Wow! What a mess this thread has become. These forums are the ideal place for folks who would NEVER be rude and disrespectful to someone's face can RAGE BEHIND THE MACHINE. What are you folks so mad about? Is this thread about the war in Sudan? Violence against women? Destruction of the environment? No! it's about Argentine citizenship for foreigners. A very unexciting subject that some of you have managed to turn into a playground battle. The only good thing about it is how riduculous you are and thus entertaining...for a while at least. Why don't all the combatants step back, take a deep breath and then take a nap?

I think the combatants were banished long ago...especially gunt who, on at least one occasion, couldn't tell the difference from his user name and a nasty pronoun for female genitalia.

It might also be worth noting that I asked lawyers (or gunts pretending to be lawyers) to refrain from posting in this thread in my first post..when I started the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back