Argentine Citizenship Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no material. It depends on the judge's secretary what they want to ask you. They can ask you anything from writing down a sentence to a full discussion on something.

If you don't speak Spanish or speak very little then I would either forget about it or hire a lawyer, otherwise your chances of getting citizenship are pretty close to zero.

If you don't speak Spanish then he's your best (or only) bet. Most every other lawyer will tell you to learn Spanish and even then they won't guarantee you anything.

One of my friend from France got the Citizenship without any interview (obviously he was fluent in Spanish). So it all depends upon luck if you get a nice Judge's secretary or you get a moron, there is no hard and fast rule???

One of my friend from France got the Citizenship without any interview (obviously he was fluent in Spanish). So it all depends upon luck if you get a nice Judge's secretary or you get a moron, there is no hard and fast rule???

You won't need a Spanish test if you go to the judge's secretary and talk to them in Spanish fluently. Then they know its not needed.

Most judges will ask you to take the Spanish test (unless you've proven without the shadow of a doubt that you can speak Spanish).

As for what judge you get, its literally based on your luck since there is a lottery system and you get judges assigned at random. You can't choose your judge. And once assigned, you can't change your judge unless you have a legal reason.

I would say get a lawyer.

You won't need a Spanish test if you go to the judge's secretary and talk to them in Spanish fluently. Then they know its not needed.

Most judges will ask you to take the Spanish test (unless you've proven without the shadow of a doubt that you can speak Spanish).

As for what judge you get, its literally based on your luck since there is a lottery system and you get judges assigned at random. You can't choose your judge. And once assigned, you can't change your judge unless you have a legal reason.

I would say get a lawyer.

PM me if you can, how much he charged you or generally how much he charges.

My friend did it without any attorney. The tramite is very straightforward (SO much easier than residency through Migraciones) and took 11 months from beginning to end. The secret is to go in about every six weeks to check on the progress.

He or she was lucky.

Those "status" days are Tuesday and Friday at the Secretary's office of the assigned federal judge to your case at Libertad 731 and Tucuman (across the street from the plaza of Teatro Colon) between the hours of 7:30am and 12:30pm. Tell the clerk behind the desk your case number and ask to see the file. New documents are added chronologically behind previous ones filed.

Wrong. Those days are for lawyers. People should go on Monday, Wednesday or Thusday.

What are the chances of citizenship if you can't speak Spanish or speak very little, that is the only hurdle in my case. Interview and written test is hard? Do they give us material for test and interview forehand?

I won some precedents, now the requirements is to speal minimum Spanish. However to enforce the precedents is difficult.
The case can be won at Supreme Court only if you don t speak at all, the chamber agree about that even abolished, the languaje test is enforzable.

And once assigned, you can't change your judge unless you have a legal reason.

To change a judge later is super difficult. I asked 4 times, I lost 3 and won 1.

As I have a case myself going, I have to disagree. The woman assigned to my case is a nightmare. She says originals aren't originals, an apostille isn't an apostille, refuses to file my paperwork and goes into a tirade about 'do you know how your country treats us?' everytime I go there to justify not following procedure.

Normal.

Well, now you have a complicated case and need a lawyer! ;)

Stay away from paralegals and never lie on federal Courts.

PM me if you can, how much he charged you or generally how much he charges.

With all my respect, I m focus on difficult cases (no visa, criminal prosecution, deportation order, illegal arrest order, less than 2 years, no DNI and no Passport or fake passport, religious or gender refugies etc) for 3 reasons: 1) my schedule is full 2) they are better paid 3) clients appreciate and respect my work.

Recently I have a case that I won but my client was upset because he/she confused a Federal Court or me with "Whole Foods" (Hellooooo, There is no customer service at Federal Courts). So, he/she was part of my desicion.

I debated at the Chamber the requirements for applying, I won and they changed them. Before they requested CUIL/CUIT and permanent DNI + birth certificate + passport. Now instead an and, they wrote an or. Passport or DNI or Birth certificate.
So, now it is possible (but difficult) to apply by yourself. Before they didn t even sort you a judge.
This is the new one:

Regards

Thanks .i got mine by doing everything on my own with help of translators, but it seems things have got easier since then. Lucky blokes!

if you want to apply before the justice of Capital Federal, you have to live in Capital Federal.

As of 8/20/2013, the office where you initiate your case in federal court has been changed to 2004 on the main floor at Talcahuano 550. You will see a note on the door if you go to Room 2083 as indicated in the document above in #24.

http://jantango.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/soy-argentina/

To the OP, may I borrow your thread and ask a question here to the forum. When I enter as tourist in near future, what is the process to apply for a temporary residence, once there .? Is there such thing as temp or permanent residency? Do I have to get an Argentinean Social Security number or a cedula de identidad prior to applying for the above mentioned paragraph? Anyone has gone through the process as How to...Please advise, much obliged !

Hybrid, I think what you'll want is the DNI, which gives you temporary residence renewable annually for three years and then becomes permanent in your fourth year. It basically gives you similar rights as to the locals and gives you a visa that is renewable every 360 days, therefore you don't have to worry about trips to the exterior every 90 days as you would on a normal tourist visa. Nonetheless many people stay here for indefinate periods of time only on tourist visas. It depends on whether you want the conveniences of local credit cards, bank account, and many other legal protections.
On the other hand, the process to get the DNI is full of bureaucratic obstacles and requires a person to have discipline, perseverance, and be able to laugh in the face of adversity. A good immigration lawyer made a huge difference for me, assisting me through his use of "well placed friends" along the way. For the relief and assurance it brought me I would definately reccomend using someone. And more so if you don't speak fluent Spanish. If you want I'll be happy to PM you with his contact info. He speaks fluent English. Also look up the threads on DNI and they will show you the links to the immigration pages that describe what documentation you'd need.
But first visit us and stay the three months. Then you'll be better prepared to decide if you want/need the DNI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back