Argentine Men Are All...

Sometimes I imagine myself to be a dog.
It helps with the self doubt associated with licking my balls in public and eating faeces.

...they are all needing Women Studies 101. At least this is how I explain to my best friend my incredible frustrations with my boyfriend and his friends. There are things I am explaining that I can't believe I am explaining. We are constantly discussing the argentino view towards women and its level of sexismo, though I am not even sure how this word translates to him.

I guess chauvinistic could be the word, but even those men I know who believe that women should have equal education and careers and sincerely respect women for their strength, ideas, and contributions, STILL see a NATURAL role of women as a sex object, not sexY but sex OBJECT. If I was to analyze themes in conversations (and believe I have been "rompiendo las bolas" de mi novio con esto jaja), the themes, there seem to often be two classes of women: WHORES vs respectable women, sometimes nearly SAINTS, in the sense of marianismo. Men here generally have high regards for their mothers, not a bad thing to be sure! In contrast, I hear males justify their sexual conquests and subsequent treatment of the gals in terms of respectability.

And don't even get me started...WHERE are the examples held up in the media, movies, television, etc of (natural) beautiful sexy WOMEN over 25 here!?! : ) I'm 29, and someone made a comment to me, that I am not such a young gal any more (in the sense I better hurry up and find someone soon, specifically referring to the appearances of women!).

But is it really that different in the US?!?...Still, I seem to meet a lot more US men who talk about the attractiveness of women at all ages (and above size 4).

But at least on the whole, it seems Argentines are not so darn repressed as American guys (and girls) regarding sex. No offense American guys! I say this is a generalization that applies to MOST of us (God bless those who have escaped the shaming of sexuality) in that at some point in our lives we have a little tiny Puritan in a pilgrim hat on our shoulder beating us over the head saying NO NO, BAD and a more rational creature on the other shoulder saying OF COURSE! Or maybe it's just because I'm a Southerner? It seems this idea that sex is BAD is not prevalent among all the people I have met here, young and old.

Of course, these are all generalizations, simplifications, but hey, aren't we all just trying to understand and compare and contrast our experiences?

And no, they are not circumcised, except for in the Jewish community...as far as I understand from accounts...The US is a major exception in this regard in the world.

Aguante, ladies!

steveinbsas said:
In other words (in terms all North American woman can understand), they're assholes.
Lol, yep. There are some honorable exceptions, but the average porteño most expat ladies will likely meet at a bar,club,UBA,polo lessons, etc is one of the first most likely :p Just like most expat men are more likely to meet a "histerica"...

emilyr said:
...they are all needing Women Studies 101. At least this is how I explain to my best friend my incredible frustrations with my boyfriend and his friends. There are things I am explaining that I can't believe I am explaining. We are constantly discussing the argentino view towards women and its level of sexismo, though I am not even sure how this word translates to him.

Yeah I don't think the series Mad Men would ever take off here... instead of being shocked by some of the attitudes displayed towards women in the office and in general (and some of the other behaviours in the series -- anti-semistism, homophobia, even just the pervasiveness of smoking), and alternatively relieved as to how far things have come since the 1960s, most people would just assume it's a modern day tale, apart from the clothes!

Some argue that feminism is strong in Argentina... if so it's completely under a different disguise than in the rest of the world.

syngirl said:
Yeah I don't think the series Mad Men would ever take off here... instead of being shocked by some of the attitudes displayed towards women in the office and in general (and some of the other behaviours in the series -- anti-semistism, homophobia, even just the pervasiveness of smoking), and alternatively relieved as to how far things have come since the 1960s, most people would just assume it's a modern day tale, apart from the clothes!

Some argue that feminism is strong in Argentina... if so it's completely under a different disguise than in the rest of the world.

Feminism strong here? Not really, also most feminist women are labeled as lesbians here by both men and women...

You think that the argentine men are too different than the men from other countries? I'm an argentine men and, is not my case, but most of us are "machistas" and "fanfarrones" and, just like the girls, the more cute the more selfish (or boring) in bed. I love women with "pantalones", but that scares the shit out of most of the men.

Fortunately, the "machismo" is changing or dissapearing, but is a slow process. I think you should search more, o think there's some men who are worth.

Now that I have permanent residency I am growing my hair longer and shaving less often.

I've found that they either want to take you to come home with them then never see you again or they want to marry you immediately...

I like that 'triple-book an Argentine' - makes sense!

suerte.

steveinbsas said:
Now that I have permanent residency I am growing my hair longer and shaving less often.

lol.... this is why I'll never truly fit in..

and I also like to work, try to be on time (something i'm slowly getting out of the habit of) and don't wear my cell phone on my belt....

The poll, carried out by global research site www.OnePoll.com, asked women from 20 countries to rate nations on their ability in bed and give reasons for their answers.

WORLD'S WORST LOVERS:
1. Germany (too smelly)
2. England (too lazy)
3. Sweden (too quick)
4. Holland (too dominating)
5. America (too rough)
6. Greece (too lovey-dovey)
7. Wales (too selfish)
8. Scotland (too loud)
9. Turkey (too sweaty)
10. Russia (too hairy)

WORLD'S BEST LOVERS
1. Spain
2. Brazil
3. Italy
4. France
5. Ireland
6. South Africa
7. Australia
8. New Zealand
9. Denmark
10. Canada

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-lovers-with-English-men-in-second-place.html

Back