Argentine Women Are All...

tfa1957 said:
What if your a youngish (51) retired gentleman who wants to meet a lady closer to his age and is just starting the process of learing the language and also in the process of relocating to Argentina?
Same advice - get Argentino (i.e. male) friends, have them introduce you properly to Argentinas.

A surprisingly large proportion of Argentinos/-as do have some English, but they are embarrassed to speak because they lack practice. One (now ex-)girlfriend I met in a Claro shop when I bought my telephone, and while we were blabbering, she happened to mention that she had some English but lacked somebody to practice with. I immediately offered my assistance - improvise, my friend, improvise and keep your eyes open for opportunities.

I am 62 and so far mis novias Argentinas have ranged from (slightly embarrasing? 19) to 44 years of age. But then I must admit, that I look rather like someone you see in a Scandinavian viking movie.

Beginning to learn Argentina-Español is an advantage if used properly - enseña me por favor = teach me, please - deary me, I neither shall nor will learn to dance tango properly, I shall forever need female assistance :cool:

Up...Just for the fun of it.
Since summer is coming, the topic is getting more up to "date" :)

would this work in a pilates class?

one of my classmates is insanely beautiful, but i didnt say anything to her because women act weird in gyms; however, she said something to me?

bars are for picking up tourists

R

Another good line may be saying that you want to write a book about Argentina's economic disasters and history (which is not a bad idea in itself),
and therefore you do not know how long you may stay in the country.
You can also assist to schools of English ,and offer to practice with advanced students, etc (like ICANA, Cultural Inglesa, etc)
Good luck Henry

HenryNisental said:
Another good line may be saying that you want to write a book about Argentina's economic disasters and history

I would not try this one, and you must hope she never brings up the subject, either. I know from experience that it is not the path to seduction..

steveinbsas said:
I would not try this one, and you must hope she never brings up the subject, either. I know from experience that it is not the path to seduction.
Indeed! Politics, money, religion, you don´t talk about these at the table :p

nikad said:
Indeed! Politics, money, religion, you don´t talk about these at the table :p

Indeed, and it was the Argentine woman who brought up the subject of the Argentine economic crisis at the dinner table on our first date.

A voice inside my head told me then and there, as I watched her eyes well up with tears, that it should also be our last date...and I didn't even know about the hysteria that was yet to follow.

steveinbsas said:
Indeed, and it was the Argentine woman who brought up the subject of the Argentine economic crisis at the dinner table on our first date.

A voice inside my head told me then and there, as I watched her eyes well up with tears, that it should also be our last date...and I didn't even know about the hysteria that was yet to follow.
Ouch...sorry top hear that! hormones + Ba city turn some people into weird beings, lol. Some remain sane and happy, some don´t... it is a lottery really ;)

I always had a problem with the seduction process, the need to show your best side like in a job interview, and to develop strategies to "catch" the target, as if this target had no brain and would scientifically follow the scheme. The idea of a plan as well makes me think more of a trap rather than a will of partnership on sound caring basis.

I was impressed at the Thanksgiving party by an Argentine (man)/US American (lady) couple. They had been knowing one another for two years and were willing to marry besides cultural differences. The lady was extremely beautiful, but beauty is not rare in Buenos Aires. What surprised me was her feminity, which didnt fit my clichés about american ladies after the feminist "revolution".

I wonder if one of those two had to develop strategies to meet one another. She seemed maternal with him and deeply in love. Did he need to overplay the child inside to seduce her or did they simply meet because they were complemental, their personalities being two pieces of a simple puzzle.

I m myself puzzled by the new ways of meeting : speed dating, internet. I m also often surprised that when somebody introduces himself, he speaks more about what he owns (business, properties) than what he feels.

I feel totally inadapted to that environment, almost naive since i still believe that those strategies are so artificial that they can t lead to durable profund sentiments, once the smoke screen vanished. You don t fall in love with a car, a house or a job, but with somebody for his strength...AND weaknesses. Perfection gets so quickly boring, so is its obsessive quest. What about being yourself, natural, transparent, sincere? Life is so much easier for others when you think what you say and say what you think.

But i m single, so i might be wrong after all...and those hunting social games could be necessary.

Back