Argentine Women Are All...

nevermind... well, as a local woman I can only say that girls who digg specifically polo players actually digg their pockets, if that is your thing, go for it...

smirkypants said:
Go learn to play polo. Argentine women LOVE polo players. Seriously.

I was in a bar once, a girl came up to me and asked if I play Polo, I said no and she walked off.

Confidence is all you need. Drinking gives me confidence. I pick up more when when I'm drunk than when I'm sober.

polo groupies - gotta love'm. Seriously, the average person has about as much chance of learning to play as he does driving F1 or playing premier league. At 35 mph the balls look like aspirin on lying on the ground plus 100K US to tool up for it. An Ellerstina team jacket couldn't hurt in the bar though.

Well, my Argentine women friends are usually very interested in dating foreigners. So approaching a woman and asking her out for a coffee is never a bad idea (even in Pilates class:D)

PS - Re learning polo - it's actually not a hard thing to start learning. All you have to do is try (and where better to do it than here in Argentina?). There are a lot of places outside of the city to take lessons (and a friend just told me she is taking lessons here in Cap Fed - not sure where though). I wouldn't recommend the Ellerstinas or La Dolfinas unless you've got some very deep pockets though:p But plenty of smaller farms where you can go for an intro lesson or two on their horses. You're not going to be the next Cambiaso but it's quite possible for the average person to pick up enough to be able to go out and play at a low-level or just stick and ball.

All,

I am happy to organise polo lessons for those that would like them. I keep my horses at a nice club called Puesto Viejo near Canuelas, owned by an English mate of mine. They can either do individual lessons or a group introduction day including asado, swimming etc. Its a very freindly place with about 6 pro players based there. I would have to check the prices if there is any interest but I don't think its wildly expensive. For those looking for individual lessons, I drive out every PM so I can offer you a lift.

Back to the subject of pulling Argentine girls. This would definitely be money well spent as once you really understand the game, you can go down to watch the Palermo Open, hang around in the Chandon bar afterwards, and meet the best looking women BA has to offer.

steveinbsas said:
And don't be timid. Kiss her long before you think it's appropriate!

It will save you a lot of time...and anxiety!

If you grab a cheek when you do, you might get slapped in the face.

Then again, you might get lucky.

At least slide you hands down her hips (if you are already touching, it's probably OK).

If you have the courage, the odds are in your favor.

(They are looking for courage.)

Just be the man (you have always wanted to be).

It works here.

Trust me.

When it says "Veteran" under steveinbsas's name, it doesn't just mean "veteran of Baexpats", it also means "veteran of Buenos Aires".

;)

Originally Posted by smirkypants

Great idea, but with the rain we have had, playing has been a bit difficult this temporada.

RSPlayer said:

Great idea, but with the rain we have had, playing has been a bit difficult this temporada.

pads & heel calks?

Originally Posted by RSPlayer

toomuchfun said:
pads & heel calks?

Sorry toomuchfun, but I don't get it. RSPlayer

GET OUT OF THE CAPITAL! Not to stereotype anyone, but in the capital, the woman are very complicated. As you get further away from the capital, they are less complicated. I am a huge guy, 6'4" 330lbs, not your super goodlooking or nice body, and I have never had a problem with the argentines, but again, I lived my first year here in Pto. Iguazu. Very far away from the capital! Later I lived in Tigre for 2 years and during that time, it was a lot more complicated. Steveinbsas has a lot of good advise, listen to him. I don't know how old you are or the other members, but I am 39 and I have never met an argentine girl that liked to dance Tango, then again, my time in the Capital was limited. Maybe Tango is for older women, I really cant give advise on the Tango. The last thing I wanted to mention is Argentine women that you find in Pto Madero or other High Class areas or clubs are looking for money or have money. That makes it alot harder. Find places where the super rich don't go. Mix with the typical argentines, not the rich or thoes exposed to expats all the time. You will have better results. Good luck and get out there and get you some women.

Mike

Back