Argentine Women Are All...

Leaving for BA late Sept. After reading this i guess i better concentrate on working on my spanish, joining a good gym to rehab a shoulder i trashed windsurfing, and getting in shape for ski season as obviously never going to get a date! i tried a tango class last week in San Franisco and realized too formal for this old guy. So at least is there a sports bar in town where i can at least watch some good old Penn State football:)

Solution said:
Leaving for BA late Sept. After reading this i guess i better concentrate on working on my spanish, joining a good gym to rehab a shoulder i trashed windsurfing, and getting in shape for ski season as obviously never going to get a date! i tried a tango class last week in San Franisco and realized too formal for this old guy. So at least is there a sports bar in town where i can at least watch some good old Penn State football:)

There's more college sports on ESPN in a week in the USA than in a year here on cable.

I suggest you take at least TEN tango classes before you give up on it.

(I didn't like my first lesson, either.).

I have to agree with taking classes, my martial arts classes are filled with beautiful, strong women from Argentina. Yoga classes, (go to a good, reputable yoga place, don't go to the one on Mario Bravo, just a warning), Reiki class, Acting class in that May 25 Theater on Triunvirato,near Olazabel, they have super cheap classes there, and many women take classes there, what else, build your life, don't just focus on meeting only a girlfriend, meet people, develop those friendships. I mean, of course, be active in your dating,too. There are dating sites here, I know this for a fact, a few of my girlfriends are on them. By building your life, ( I am assuming you are here for awhile), you are going to have to do a lot of going out. There are pretty hippie women involved in gardening (huerta's), by showing an interest in something they are in, they will have something to talk to you about. It's not just about being cute here, they like their cute men but the girls here like a good conversation, and someone who is really involved in their projects and building their life, from my observation. Again, I have only been here for a short time.

Hey,

To answer the original question.

Argentine girls of your age have to get settled. Their biological clock is ticking. Therefore, they only target local men who will support them financially.
Unless you have a business link to the country, you, being a tourist, are of no interest to these girls. Whereas female tourists have all it takes to have a fling abroad (they're not staying), male tourists don't (they're not staying). That's life. Only independent women from emancipated countries like Germany, Holland, Sweden, the UK etc. can afford to have a short-term relationship with a foreigner, it seems.

Please, don't let the idea of not having a girlfriend ruin your stay. Argentina has so much to offer. Explore the interior, cross the river and visit Montevideo, take up Spanish and read tons of Latin American literature, indulge yourself in the truly fascinating history of the continent, do volunteers work (you'll be amazed about what you'll learn about yourself)...

Don't waist your time and energy on women, don't let them sour your stay. And if you feel really lonely, I am afraid that, at my age, I agree with "hannstew": Buenos Aires is stacked with beautiful girls who trade their looks for pesos. Sad but true: women treat man like ATMs. Well... don't let them down!

I have learnt this the hard way during a one-year stay in Rome, a place where couples from all over the world feel the urge to declare their love in public, all the time. (By the way, Italy is a country quite similar to Argentina, sharing the same, almost pathological, obsession with female beauty.) Having learnt my lesson, I went to Argentine and I had the time of my life.

This might sound like a paradox but if you do want to end up with an Argentine girl, than go back home. At home, YOU will be the local. You will have what they need (i.e. financial means, own place,...). You'll see, it will be a piece of cake!

Face it: you can't beat the laws of biology nor thousands of years of evolution.

Good luck!

mllefly said:
I'm an American pratically married to an Argentine. Here's the best advise I have: groups are the way to go...especially family (cousins go a long way in this culture). You especially need to have the "safe" factor because you are a foreigner.
Another slam dunker is Tango. A lot of women dance tango just to meet men, and sometimes specifically foriegn men. With the sudden popularity and influx of foreigners dancing tango, you'll feel comfortable too I think in the surroundings. Check out Practica X.
Good luck! I think Argentine woman are incredible beautiful and feminine. However the "histerica" side to them must be a drag for you guys. Oh another tip: don't be a typical American and pour your own wine first. Pick up on these chivalrous things from the Argie guys....otherwise these woman will snicker at you, or silently forgive you if they're nice!

Or just say you came to learn tango....:D

Back