Argentinean Rock

Check out a guy I ride motorbikes with, Hector Starc. He played in many influential Argentine rock bands of early years including Pappo, Spinetta, Charly Garcia and Aquelarre. He still plays around town in a couple different bands including his, The Hector Starc Trio which also includes Machi Madco who also played with Pappo.

I was told, by my husband, to list:

Attaque 77
Los Visitantes
Pappo
Los Piojos (which I think are ska?? not sure)

Patricio Rey y sus Redonditos de Ricota. The Argentina Rock Band. This group is unlike any other and is a national icon. They were formed in 1976 and broke up right after the beginning of the millennium. That's close to 30 years of rocking strong. Earlier in this forum, Kemer84 recommended checking out their album Octubre. If you haven't already, click on their link.

Every Argentine who loves Rock (which is a lot of Argentines), has their fingers crossed that this band gets together for a reunion tour.

Buenos Aires Podcast, an expat radio show about life in BsAs, has a pretty cool conversation about the Argentine rock crowd and how they are as crazy and intense as it gets. The topic gets brought up at the end of the show.

http://bacast.com/s2-e11-the-expat-doves/

The recordings of audiences going crazy at different concerts are pretty wild. You have to give this country a lot of respect for their serious love of rock.

Back