Argentinian Dating Sites

Iznogud said:
Not a Software Engineer or a PM (Prime Minister?) but certainly willing to learn the lingo with the right incentives. The method worked wonders with french and german.

Self-trained proto-geek as well. Where do I sign up? :D

PM = Project Manager ;)

fifs2 said:
Sometimes there's a need to fast track these things! We're a small company (70 emplyees in Bsas) with lots of lovely young girls and a coupleof years ago one of the other PYMEs in our building asked could we synch up for a Christmas party since theyre a bunch of mostly male developers. We had agreed to do the allnight party boat from Olivos. In the end they decided not to join up with us and as we boarded our boat we saw them on theirs loading a bunch of hookers. Sometimes there just inst time in this busy life for the prelim of regular dating...and before I sound like internet dating is all about fast sex my best friend in Bsas met her husband via the internet so Ive seen for myself how it suits people in this new tech generation who work long and strange hours.

HOLY INCENTIVES BATMAN!? :eek: Where do you work? and PLEASE PLEASE Don't say Playboy Argentina or something. Lie to me if you must!

OP what after you after? Do you just want different girls to put pipe to or are you actually wanting a wife? I reckon come on down here and find one in the flesh. Much more fun and reliable.

Just cant guarantee you you wont end up with a crazy porteña, but I guess thats part of the fun. Theres certainly plenty of good ones around thats for sure.

Either is fine. Whatever I could find. My biggest struggle will be my Spanish skills. I heard the chicas in Buenos Aires like accents :)

Iznogud said:
Not a Software Engineer or a PM (Prime Minister?) but certainly willing to learn the lingo with the right incentives. The method worked wonders with french and german.

Self-trained proto-geek as well. Where do I sign up? :D

Need to get you an acronyms dictionary IZZy IMHO so you can CYA at all times by being prepared!:D

fifs2 said:
Need to get you an acronyms dictionary IZZy IMHO so you can CYA at all times by being prepared!:D

Apologies, had a SM (Senior Moment) or a Billy Mulligan one.
The voices in my head can't come to an agreement. Apparently they weren't all manning their stations.

The CC (Couch Commando) one, familiar with most type acronyms, left a brb note and went AWOL for a smoke.
The PG (Proto-Geek) gets so excited at the idea of real YFU (Young Female Units) he becomes uselless, BDS (Blood Displacement Syndrome) makes him almost pass out.
The Norman Bates in me takes the 5th.
That leaves the old conservative hippie (OCH) at the helm. Extremely fond of music, TV and movies. The ultimate couch potato. He came up with Prime Minister, thinking of Sir Humprey and Jim Hacker (BBC's Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister's series).
The other voices later mocked him, "hacker" used to mean something else to them. A lifetime ago.

SNAFU,

Thanks for the offer, though. We pass. :D

Iznogud said:
Apologies, had a SM (Senior Moment) or a Billy Mulligan one.
The voices in my head can't come to an agreement. Apparently they weren't all manning their stations.

The CC (Couch Commando) one, familiar with most type acronyms, left a brb note and went AWOL for a smoke.
The PG (Proto-Geek) gets so excited at the idea of real YFU (Young Female Units) he becomes uselless, BDS (Blood Displacement Syndrome) makes him almost pass out.
The Norman Bates in me takes the 5th.
That leaves the old conservative hippie (OCH) at the helm. Extremely fond of music, TV and movies. The ultimate couch potato. He came up with Prime Minister, thinking of Sir Humprey and Jim Hacker (BBC's Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister's series).
The other voices later mocked him, "hacker" used to mean something else to them. A lifetime ago.

SNAFU,

Thanks for the offer, though. We pass. :D

You are so CLEVER....Can Learn Everything Very Easily, Really;)

Been online since '87. I could teach Skynet a few tricks.

Powerful Google-fu skils and plenty "been there, done that" including t-shirts and scars to prove it. :)

Lauren23 said:
DavieW said:
I respect your opinion (everyone's got one!), but I wouldn't necessarily go raining on a happy person's parade (what's the point?).

Who's to say that I was the exception to the rule and you (a person who hasn't found anyone on the internet yet long-term) were not?

Lauren, you've completely missed the point! I'm not raining on your parade at all....I'm extremely happy for you - you've been exceptionally lucky!

But you are clearly the exception to the rule, especially with regard to match.com. Who's to say? Me, several hundred personal acquaintances and hundreds of thousands of people who regularly use these sites. You have absolutely no relevant input to the conversation if you married the first person you met from the site - that's just logic. In fact you're coming across like a paid employee of match.com!

In practical terms, the matching engine on match.com is principally "oh let's look at photos and see who I fancy", then you have to make a payment before you can contact any of those always genuine photos (not!). There are far, far better sites out there.

Personally I think okcupid is amongst the best because of the effort they've made with their matching engine - you can answer several thousand questions (or just a few, it's up to you) and they use an algorithm to give you a percentage match as a 'partner' or 'friend' or 'enemy' as well as tell you if the other person is 'more romantic', 'less confident', 'more political' etc etc etc. Hey, it's not perfect, but instead of meeting someone based entirely on what a (self chosen) photo looks like, you get some idea about the person's personality.

Oh, you're also wrong about me not having found long-term relationships on the internet - I've had 2 that have lasted over 5 years, including the mother of my child. My previous, self-deprecating comment about my 'pathetic' efforts were about my experiences here in Argentina, but as I also pointed out, they have been mainly about my issues with the cultural differences. Here's an example, so as not to just continue with the theme of "oh those crazy porteñas" without any evidence:

From okcupid (just to also shoot down my own insistence about how good it is!) I organized a date with a woman who seemed perfect for me - she was age appropriate (difficult when you're my age), educated, well read, a doctor who had recently returned to BsAs after living and working abroad for some years. I didn't ask to see a photo, I prefer to choose first-dates based on anything but the physical. We met for lunch. First surprise - she was beautiful (to my eyes at least), petite, piercingly green eyes and very simply but tastefully dressed. Conversation started off well, we had a lot in common regarding taste in such things as literature, movies and how we like to spend our free time. But then we started to talk about Argentina and BsAs and porteños. I know this is dangerous ground, but it's going to have to be broached some time, so why not on a first date? I mentioned that one thing I was finding it difficult to get used to here was the seemingly ingrained racism. The fact that eg. 'Paraguayan' is used pejoratively, like an insult, meaning 'stupid' or similarly 'Bolivian' to mean 'ugly'. She seemed genuinely shocked and immediately got defensive. Her response was "No, no, no.....those things are said with affection, it's not racist at all. How can they be racist if it's a fact that Paraguayans actually aren't usually very bright and Bolivians/Peruvians really aren't at all beautiful?" And this is from an educated, well traveled porteña! The conversation got even weirder after that and eventually I couldn't wait to get away.

And this is NOT an isolated incident - I could tell 5 or 6 more stories about first dates with crazies here. I have had some lovely first dates that have led to second and more dates.....they were ALL with non-Argentines.
As I've already said, I'm sure this says as much about me as anyone else, but I've lived in 5 different countries on 3 different continents and have never had trouble adapting previously. To be honest, I found Saudi Arabia (where I spent 7 years) a nicer place to live than here.

Back