Armed Robbery In Palermo 2Am Saturday

In my opinion ,this is the result of many years of failure in the legislature,and court systems........turns out that a bunch of people affraid of a hand full of petty criminals is the new reality,however, if you resist and god forbids you have help,everyone starts talking about lynchings and how wrong they are.....
I think the message must be clear...crystal clear..... we will not put up with it anymore and we will not dial 9 1 1 letting that be a message to those in charge of security and those commiting the crimes
It is time we take our own safety in our own hands (not justice by our own hand)which is a different thing.

you can say that in chivilcoy where it is legal to carry a gun... but in Buenos Aires?

Mmmmm carry a gun illegally??? remember in order to go to jall you first must be alive ;)

Just to thicken the soup...And I have interjected no other opinion other than things are getting worse...
We came back from about 6 months away from Argentina, in Asia and the States, in October roughly, to prepare things for the human to come (who is really cute!)

Our vehicle(along with 3 others) was stolen from the pay garage on Guardia Vieja one block past Gascon when the attendant was magically away (the car was recovered several blocks away almost 3 months later....very very strange....clean and gassed up)...this being a non violent crime, did not really activate my radar...

There was a report by an expat that the building they live in in Almagro was broken into but they live down a long hallway and upstairs(we own that apartment and rent it to them). In the seven years my girlfriend has lived there nothing like that has EVER happened...I used to feel really, really safe there....now I don't know! We live closer to La Plata now where my mother in law lives in order to help with the baby. If she is reading this, hello! and be careful!

And that leads to the third and last tidbit...in December, not 10 days from the car incident, her(my mother in law) spare apartment in La Plata(which is attached to the house by the two yards), in which a doctor friend lives, was burglarized...The burglars used some device to cut the "rejas" on the side of the house(they entered through the garden terrace...We were on the other side...called the police but by the time they came the burglars had taken a couple things and left...those things did not equal the cost of fixing the bars and the wall that was all fucked up...Now a very diabolical security system is in place and I feel sorry for anyone who tries to enter again as they will be maimed for life, unfortunately.

Anyway I am posting in the hopes that I have a part in saving someone from a something bad, from every shitty thing we can at least try to make a good one. I think this is how we change the world anyway....

I am in a tough spot because I know that the security situation is bad(I wonder if you can avoid these situations anymore), but I still have so much time in the city unmolested...I am debating going back to US for a while with the family, but still need to some to organize and make decisions...We have family support here but insecurity and worries(cons), and security and more space freedom in the US but no family support....

So the point of this post was to share experience and understand how to work together to all be more secure, not to blame anyone or speculate, but to strategize...and get the whole thing off my chest....geeeeez...

There was a report by an expat that the building they live in in Almagro was broken into but they live down a long hallway and upstairs(we own that apartment and rent it to them). In the seven years my girlfriend has lived there nothing like that has EVER happened...I used to feel really, really safe there....now I don't know! We live closer to La Plata now where my mother in law lives in order to help with the baby. If she is reading this, hello! and be careful!

Oh hey, well hello to you, too! Holy shit, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to y'all. :( I'm so glad no one was hurt in the end, although of course what happened was certainly horrible enough many times over. That sounds so scary. I don't even know what else to say except I'm so sorry. You're both such lovely people and it sucks that this happened to you. Don't worry, we are always careful; I'm that paranoid girl who looks left, right and back and has her key primed and ready in broad daylight before entering the building. Hug that baby of yours for me! She is absurdly cute. And thanks for informing this forum of that taxi technique. I'd certainly never heard of it before.

That baby is getting cuter everyday(I'm not sure how!)...I still think Almagro is an OK neighborhood...I really like it there...We all just need to be more aware and more careful unfortunately...maybe I am just a little shell-shocked...

It's tiring hearing so many portenios constantly blame the Paraguayans and Bolivians, or as they call them boliguayos o negros de mierda, for the increase in the crime rate. That's the same thing many North Americans think about African Americans as being the most likely to rob a store or steal your car. People of all races and all classes steal for whatever that reason may be.

Nope. Just against profiling, in any country.

The crime is rising because people aren't dating/romancing/enjoying life enough.

Lack of love and compassion is the crux of the matter.

Back