Armed Robbery In Palermo 2Am Saturday

I'm sorry to hear about that :(

I will say that in the bit over a year I lived in Buenos Aires I was never robbed (I know, right?) and the
only time I faced a gun was here in Toronto.

I guess it's all a game of odds and numbers. The later you are out the more likely you are to be robbed,
the more vulnerable (children) the more likely, etc.

One of my friends who came back to Argentina after going home for a year had a knife at her throat
the second day she got here (nothing happen in the year before while living in BsAs) and that was
at like noon in Belgrano or Recoleta.

Be careful everyone, if anything expect more of this to happen...

The taxi stopped, they got out and robbed you, they then hop back in said taxi, which presumably waited with the meter off whilst they went about their business?
Very bad luck mate, but did you by any chance manage to get the taxi plate number?

They got out of the taxi behind us(I didn't see this occur).But I had been looking around cautiously as normal ...I didn't really see them until I had a gun to my face...Then the Taxi pulled up past us...I thought it was stopping to help us! It was not. When they were done they jumped in the open back door and sped off. I had no desire to chase the car down...but it seemed to me to be without plates...normal yellow cab...

Me and my buddies getting ready for some bar-hopping in Palermo.

SealTeam_zps0012dcee.jpg

I posted this on another thread but a girl that works from us had her cellphone robbed in Plaza Italia around 9:00 in the evening. She was walking, there were a fair amount of people around and in an instant, several guys surrounded her. One put a gun (she doesn't know if real or not as she didn't see it, just felt it) to her and told her to give them everything she had. She handed them her cell (all she had with her) and they immediately dispersed into the crowd and disappeared. She said it was over in an instant.

Goodness... that puts all of my silly little posts about visas into perspective. I think you did very well to keep focused and rational. I don't know what I would do, but I hope I wouldn't play the hero; as Falstaff remarked in Henry IV Part 1 - honour is simply a word.

Hope you and your loved ones are safe...

Goodness... that puts all of my silly little posts about visas into perspective. I think you did very well to keep focused and rational. I don't know what I would do, but I hope I wouldn't play the hero; as Falstaff remarked in Henry IV Part 1 - valor is simply a word.

Hope you and your loved ones are safe...

Back