Arriving With Lots Of Suitcases Ok?

We came through with 8 suitcases for our family in February. Everything inside them was for family use as we were moving here and had been quoted insane amounts of money to ship stuff here and couldn't be certain that it would actually arrive. We were two adults and a 2 year old and a 3 year old. As we approached Customs with our mountain of suitcases one of the suitcases dislodged from the trolley and knocked my two year old over. He yelled.. a lot. They took pity on us and ushered us through the special diplomatic channel. So my advice is to accidentally stand on your children's foot as you approach Customs!
Good luck!

My family arrived in Buenos Aires 1 week ago. We were 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids) and 12 suitcases. We were glad and surprised that the process was fast and very easy. Two different agents asked us where were we coming from, we answered USA and that is all. We were expecting the worst but we were blessed with piece!
If you have iPhone or any other modern device put it in a pocket close to your body the same situation with money.
They are not believing that phones not new.
Good luck!

We came through EZE in February and brought 10 suitcases (Air Canada lost 2, so we left the airport with 8). No problems at all. I highly recommend bringing all the children's clothing and shoes you will need. Our 3.5 year old daughter's bag with her ENTIRE wardrobe was lost, and we waited 8 weeks for the bag to be found and returned to us. Prices for clothing here are crazy - there seem to be only "boutique" stores for kids and the stuff from Carrefour which was slightly less (but still expensive by Canadian standards) fell apart quickly. Shoes were particularly shocking - we went through 4 pairs in the last 4 months, some of which literally fell apart after 2 wears. Not cheap either! We have been saved by an American friend who brought shoes for our daughter from the states. Also, don't even try to import DVDs after the fact. If your kids like movies, bring the DVDs with you. When you exit customs, be sure to hire a taxi/remise from one of the counters immediately outside the sliding doors of customs and watch yourself on the way out. We were 4 people in two taxis with all the luggage, and there were certainly some sketchy characters watching us transferring our luggage into taxis. Good luck!

I'll be heading down with my wife and newborn son in a couple of months. Planning on bringing 9 large roller bags (we're moving for a year). How were you able to transport so much luggage from the airport to your destination? Large cab, rental car, friend?

Look American. Flash your US Passport. Make sure everything you bring looks used.

Back