Artwork authentication

odyssea

Registered
Last year I bought two Quinquella Martin pieces which I have good reason to believe are genuine. Would anyone have the name and phone number of a person who can authenticate these works? Is is easier just to go to his museum in Boca and ask this question of a curator?

One (Estibador Herido) is a coloreado with an authentication of Guillermo de la Canal on the back. The other (La Grappa) is an etching from the same collection. I wish I could afford his paintings but they are a little bid out of my pocketbook depth.

I know La grampa, it is not a painting but an engraving (it might even be a photo-engraving).
It's a posthumous edition, with a stamped Quinquela Martin signature.
If I recall, publisher was Joraci.

It can be bought for as little as 600/700 pesos.

The other one (coloreado) might be genuine. A few Quinquela's engravings are colored (in hand maybe).
I'll search for details (if authentic, it's price starts around 1500/2000 pesos depending on condition)

Well, it is obvious that I need to talk with you before any future purchase! I just liked "La Grappa" and paid 300 dollars (roughly 1200 pesos). The condition of the coloreado is not bad, but who am I to judge this.....

Also, have a Carlos Silva geometric...but as remates go, probably overpaid as well.

The one thing about collecting....Just need to be able to co-exist with the purchase.

Is the coloreado signed in pencil, or is the signature like the one on La Grappa (like if it was signed with a black thin pencil : in fact it is stamped) ?

Odyssea,

I've bought several pieces from VerBo and the owners are very knowledgeable. If they don't provide this service themselves, they can point you in the right direction. Arenales 979, 43930757. Good luck.

Back