ATM Maximum Withdrawal Limit with Foreign ATM card

Those who exchanged USD's at their cuevas during the past week.....at what rate?

So what is the Limit if any??? Was a Banelco ATM? What was the fee...
Thanks
It was an ICBC bank and we withdrew $ 5500 ARS (the limit at the time at this ATM...2 weeks ago). I don’t know the fee...we have a fee-free international card we use.

Correction: fee-reimbursed card not fee-free

And bank fee was $ 300 pesos

So I was in Buenos Aires for the past week and almost every single machine limited me to withdrawing 4,000 pesos at a time. Then it charged 400 pesos for each withdrawal. (Only BBVA allowed me to withdraw 5,000 pesos). I didn't care about the $10 US charge (400 pesos) because my banks reimburse me for any ATM charges. But I'd never have withdrawn if I had to pay that fee. 10% to withdraw funds is crazy. I could only withdraw twice (4,000 2 times or 8,000 pesos total) with my ATM card from the USA even though I have a $1,500 US dollar daily limit.

Many ATM machines didn't have any cash at all. Especially at shopping malls. The most annoying thing is that they only dispensed 100 peso notes which are almost worthless now. Only the BBVA had 500 peso notes.

The positive thing is I was getting the actual exchange rate or about 38 pesos per $1 US.

Can we get another ATM update - trying to decide if visitors are better of bringing dollars or using ATM. Dolar blue buy rate is below official these days....

Back