ATM Maximum Withdrawal Limit with Foreign ATM card

earlyretirement

Registered
Hi everyone,

I haven't been to Buenos Aires since last year. Can anyone tell me with all this turmoil, what's the maximum amount you can withdraw from the ATM's these days with a foreign ATM Card (from the USA)? Thanks in advance.

For Banelco ATM's $2400 pesos by extraction .. I hear ... twice a day from any US Bank account Credit or Debit. Fee $120 pesos or more

Thanks Rich One. Ok, that seems the same as last year. Only now it's 50% less pesos. As always I will bring cash but was just curious. I heard there were lots of protests today.

I've withdrawn 6000 at once from Banelco ATMs. I see no reason to assume you couldn't get more. Whether I withdraw 1k, 2k, 4k, or 6k, I have never once been rejected with my international debit card.

The current fee is $319 pesos per withdrawal.

I've withdrawn 6000 at once from Banelco ATMs. I see no reason to assume you couldn't get more. Whether I withdraw 1k, 2k, 4k, or 6k, I have never once been rejected with my international debit card.

The current fee is $319 pesos per withdrawal.
Thanks ... If you are a customer of a local bank your limit could be set much higher.... ?

I got 5000 this week at Santander but could not get 6000

Thanks ... If you are a customer of a local bank your limit could be set much higher.... ?
No.....the max number of ATM transactions using foreign debit cards, the max amount of each withdrawal and the fees charged within a 24-hr period are set by the Banelco and Link networks. This is regardless whether the user has a local bank account at that particular ATM selected or not.

Unless something changed since Aug 1st, my experience with my US debit card (able to use Banelco and Link) has been: Banelco allowed 2 transactions within a 24-hr period, max per each = AR$2400. Fees flactuated from day to day. Whereas Link allowed 3 transactions within a 24-hr period, max per each = AR$2400. Fees fluctuated from day to day but were half the amount of those charged by Banelco.

Back