Atm Withdrawal Limits Increased ...12/19/16

I just used my Schwab Visa card at a BBVA atm. They would not give me 5000p.

I took 2400 and they charged me a 96p fee.

Schwab charged my account $158.11usd for 2496p. They will refund the atm fee at the end of the month.

So they gave me 2496p for $158.11 or $15.78:1

The ambito.com informal sale rate is 16.58:1 so if my math is right Schwab was not generous.

But lets wait for Rich One to correct my math.
I don't know any places providing the informal rate anymore?

As far as I know, places providing the "blue" rate previously are providing the "informal" rate now. The two places I've gone to for the last 5 years or so are still there and still providing. I'd say where, but I don't know their addresses off the top of my head and could only get you close, which isn't good enough because you'd have to know exactly where to go.

Although I haven't been down Florida street in quite some time (at least a year) I'd be shocked if there still aren't people out there changing money and they will be providing a rate based off of the "informal" rate (though about 10 centavos or more off, I'm sure).

Of course, that's assuming you have dollars...

My usual "cueva" on Carlos Pelligrini almost Cordoba gave me AR$ 16.30 about 10 days ago..They gave me 15k pesos.

I just used my Schwab Visa card at a BBVA atm. They would not give me 5000p.

I took 2400 and they charged me a 96p fee.

Schwab charged my account $158.11usd for 2496p. They will refund the atm fee at the end of the month.

So they gave me 2496p for $158.11 or $15.78:1

The ambito.com informal sale rate is 16.58:1 so if my math is right Schwab was not generous.

But lets wait for Rich One to correct my math.

Your math is ok. But the rate is not the Sale rate is the rate thy Sell dollars to You. 15.78 is ok rate to BUY YOUR DOLLARS.

Informal rate is looking a lot better than official - they used to be a lot closer.

http://www.ambito.com/economia/mercados/monedas/dolar/

HSBC (local) recently sent me a new debit card (with chip) and allows me to set a maximum withdrawal amount of $ 3.000 (default) or $ 5.000 or $ 8.000.- as per my preference. When I called to activate the card they asked me which withdrawal limit I was confortable with.
The ATM I used today had a sticker indicating you could withdraw dollars from account (Av. Santa Fe 3100).

HSBC (local) recently sent me a new debit card (with chip) and allows me to set a maximum withdrawal amount of $ 3.000 (default) or $ 5.000 or $ 8.000.- as per my preference. When I called to activate the card they asked me which withdrawal limit I was confortable with.
The ATM I used today had a sticker indicating you could withdraw dollars from account (Av. Santa Fe 3100).
I'm pretty sure the dollar withdrawal stickers are old from way back in the days unless something has changed very recently. I haven't heard of anyone withdrawing dollars at an ATM recently. Is everyone still getting charge ~90 pesos for each ATM withdraw using foreign card (except the Schwab crew)

Back