Atm Withdrawal Limits Increased ...12/19/16

I just withdrew $3000 from my Banco Patagonia savings account at a Banco Patagonia ATM. The receipt indicated there was still $2000 pesos disponible for withdrawal today. Previously, every time I withdrew $3000 pesos the receipt showed the amount available for same day withdrawal was zero.

So, at least it's now possible to withdraw $5000 pesos from Argentine accounts. I have yet to try to withdraw more than $2400 from my Schwab checking account,but I've always been able to make two withdrawals of $2400 pesos each without reinserting the card.

I'm pretty sure the dollar withdrawal stickers are old from way back in the days unless something has changed very recently. I haven't heard of anyone withdrawing dollars at an ATM recently. Is everyone still getting charge ~90 pesos for each ATM withdraw using foreign card (except the Schwab crew)

Did not seem so. The ATM is one of the newer ones. And as per information from my bank, since I can now buy/sell dollars online or at the ATM as long as I have accounts in both curriencies, I don't see why it would be so difficult.

The Santander Rio web site has just started to indciate whteher dollars are available from each ATM. None available at the moment but maybe early next year....?

Like Steve I grabbed 3 mil today and the machine told me that i could get another 2 mil for some beer....

Does anyone know of any ATMs in Palermo that offers > 2500 peso withdrawal for foreign accounts? I tried to withdraw from the following banks which had a 2400 withdrawal limit. It appeared to be for both local and foreign accounts. These banks are on santa fe betwee julian alvarez and scalabrini:
  • BBVA Frances
  • ICBC
  • Banco Ciudad
  • Banco Patagonia
  • Banco Santander

Yesterday afternoon I tried to withdraw $2500 pesos at Banco Patagonia with my Schwab card. I got a message telling me to try a lower limit. I tried $2400 and got it (and was charges $96 pesos for the transaction). I then made a second withdrawal in the same amount.

Yesterday afternoon I tried to withdraw $2500 pesos at Banco Patagonia with my Schwab card. I got a message telling me to try a lower limit. I tried $2400 and got it (and was charges $96 pesos for the transaction). I then made a second withdrawal in the same amount.

Steve thanks for your input..! where these ATM withdrawals from you Patagonia Local Account? Also what location Bahia Blanca?

Back