ATM withdrawl with CIBC or ING Direct

canadien

Registered
Hello,

If anyone has withdrawn pesos from an ATM with either a CIBC or ING direct debit card , could you please provide me with the following information:

1) Approx. date of transaction
2) Amount of pesos obtained
3) Amount of dollars debited on your bank statement (including Canadian ATM fees-usually 5CAD or 3CAD for most banks, or 2CAD for Ing)
4) What are the local atm fees at right now? 16pesos?

Thanks for the info!

Saturday, 1000 pesos, 17.68 peso charge by Arg bank, $235.93 CAD, $5.00 CIBC charge.

Zissou said:
Saturday, 1000 pesos, 17.68 peso charge by Arg bank, $235.93 CAD, $5.00 CIBC charge.
The cost for all of this fine living is escalating daily. Better se Charles Schwab.

Evidently one must be a US citizen or resident alien to open a brokering and/or checking/savings account with them. If you look to the bottom of the application, there's a declaration and as stated in #(3) I am a U.S. person (a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien)

Does anyone know how to get around this? Am I missing something?

Actually, surprizingly,in relation to the Canadian dollar, it isn't, when you consider that a year ago almost exactly (May 2011), it cost $247.58 for 1000 pesos and the bank fee here was 16.44 pesos. Same $5 charge from CIBC. I brought US cash with me so I'm not taking out cash for major expenditures such as rent. Compared to what I could spend in transaction costs in Canada, $5 a week that bad. I believe many checking accounts in local banks here have a similar monthly fee associated to them.

Granted buying power is lower due to inflation, but that's not related to transaction costs.

ghost said:
The cost for all of this fine living is escalating daily. Better se Charles Schwab.

Back