ATM Withdrawl Limits

dani28

Registered
Can anyone tell me what is the bank that offers the highest ATM withdrawl limit per single transaction? For example, if my European debit card allows me to withdraw up to 2000 euros a day, and Im looking to withdraw enough to last me for the month, which ATM will allow me to take out the most in 1 single transaction? So far, I have found the limits to be low and that I have to take out in multiple transactions, which means a fee each time.

thanks

My understanding from talking to Citbank in BaAs is that as long as your home bank limit is high enough you can get $1000 Pesos per transaction and up to three transactions per day (three bank fees of course...)

I have found this to be true for my cards, but others I know have been limited to 2 transactions per day. I have never seen or been able to get more than $1000 per event.

I think it depends more on the ATM card you have then the bank you try to use. I have successfully withdrawn 2000 pesos a day from random banks throughout the city with the Charles Schwab ATM card. So if you are looking for Euros you probably aren't banking with Chuck Schwab but I would find the European equivalent bank.

dani28 said:
Can anyone tell me what is the bank that offers the highest ATM withdrawl limit per single transaction? For example, if my European debit card allows me to withdraw up to 2000 euros a day, and Im looking to withdraw enough to last me for the month, which ATM will allow me to take out the most in 1 single transaction? So far, I have found the limits to be low and that I have to take out in multiple transactions, which means a fee each time.

thanks
Citibank has ATM's that operate on 2 different networks, the ubiquitous Bancelo(sp.) linked ones, and also another that runs on there own network. The second machine will allow you to withdraw 4,000 pesos in one transaction, and with one Transaction fee, you will need to chooses "other amount" when presented withdrawal amounts as the highest default is 2,500 pesos, but if you key in 4,000 it will work like a charm.
I think that is the most you are going to find anywhere as it is my understanding that the maximum number of bills a ATM can dispense in a single transaction from a technical standpoint is 40.

I use the citibank on corrientes/callao it has 2 citibank networked machines and i usually withdrawl 2,000 with no problems. haven't tried a larger amount as i don't usually need more per go.

Thanks for the info Greg, I have indeed noticed 2 different types of ATMs at the Citibanks. I tried to use one once but it did not work. So 4000 on these ATMs per transaction fee? If I wanted more than 4000 would I be able to just stick my card back in and pay 1 more fee?

thanks

dani28 said:
Thanks for the info Greg, I have indeed noticed 2 different types of ATMs at the Citibanks. I tried to use one once but it did not work. So 4000 on these ATMs per transaction fee? If I wanted more than 4000 would I be able to just stick my card back in and pay 1 more fee?

thanks
I think the only problem you might have with that would come from your own Bank's end, if your daily limit is set at 2,000 euros shouldn't be a problem though it could possibly trigger a fraud alert on there end if it was deemed suspicious activity, though in that instance all you would have to do is call in to verify that the transactions are legitimate and have the account hold removed.

As a Citi customer, yep, 4000 is possible (or whatever your daily Citi transaction limit is).

Don't know if they have different limits for non-Citi customers but I would think 4000 would prob be the maximum per day.

Is this other ATM available at Citi then only for the use of Citibank debit cards? Or will it work for other international bank debit cards too?

The other ATM works for all cards (the non-Bancelo one). I just don't know if they have any type of cap for non-Citi users. I would guess you could do the up to 4K but I would be surprised if you could exceed that.

Back