Attacked in a "posh" bar called Mute in Las Canitas

No society/ No race/ No culture/ No city can be 100% bad. Few bad apples dont make the entire stock bad.

I have traveled over 100 countries and lived in over 10 ....bad things happened to me in every country. It does not mean all the 10 countries were bad!

Sh*t happens! It can happen to any of us. But to abuse the whole country for it, No...not for me.

Get the hell off your high horses people and read the following.

LostinBA said:
You're absolutely right. That was written in a rage and I absolutely don't mean it. I was just too angry and chose the cruelest thing I could say...

Its funny people popping up and defending the poor Argentines with things like "not every single one is like that." Of course not. The guy was pissed off and he wrote what he wrote and now he is saying it on the same thread that he didn't actually mean it.

Stop acting like you saints have never said or done you wished you hadn't.

And then there is always an idiot or two who starts their sentences with, "But in the US there are racist people!!!" As if that has anything whatsoever to do with this thread.

There are good people and bad people in every single country. We all know that! No one is dumb enough to think otherwise. However when we are angry we all make generalizations. That's what LostinBA did and then wrote what he wrote in the quote above. Too bad there are way too many people who are willfully blind to the above post and just want to play saints!

nicoenarg said:
Get the hell off your high horses people and read the follo9wing.

Its funny people popping up and defending the poor Argentines with things like "not every single one is like that." Of course not. The guy was pissed off and he wrote what he wrote and now he is saying it on the same thread that he didn't actually mean it.

Stop acting like you saints have never said or done you wished you hadn't.

Haha, what?
Nicoenarg, where did this come from? So, you're criticizing people who take offense to an ugly rant wishing a violent death on "each and every" member of a country? Do you often go off on similar rants in Argentina, or wherever else you've lived? Good luck with that!

To the OP - sorry about your experience. Get your cut and your rib checked out! I hope you're feeling better soon.

demokritos said:
Haha, what?
Nicoenarg, where did this come from? So, you're criticizing people who take offense to an ugly rant wishing a violent death on "each and every" member of a country? Do you often go off on similar rants in Argentina, or wherever else you've lived? Good luck with that!

To the OP - sorry about your experience. Get your cut and your rib checked out! I hope you're feeling better soon.

I wouldn't have written anything if the OP hadn't actually said that he was mad and didn't mean what he wrote. Without the last bit his post was idiotic and moronic, no question about it. However in light of his head being torn open and him venting, yeah I get it. I have said plenty of things (never wishing death on a whole populace but still pretty bad stuff) that I wish I had never said. No one is a saint all year round and that includes you. So let's stop pretending, shall we?

nicoenarg said:
I wouldn't have written anything if the OP hadn't actually said that he was mad and didn't mean what he wrote. Without the last bit his post was idiotic and moronic, no question about it. However in light of his head being torn open and him venting, yeah I get it. I have said plenty of things (never wishing death on a whole populace but still pretty bad stuff) that I wish I had never said. No one is a saint all year round and that includes you. So let's stop pretending, shall we?

He wrote the post at 4am, just after being violently attacked with a bottle after no intended slight on his part. Of course he was writing from a place of anger. Unfortunately, the internet is forever, and advocating genocide never goes down well, no matter where you're coming from. It's good for people to let him know that that's out of line, and doesn't indicate that they consider themselves to be saints.

The guy that attacked him, whatever provocation he felt, was obviously way more out of line (and probably coked up). Eventually, he'll get what's coming to him. In the meantime, I wish lostinba a speedy recovery and hope whatever original reason he had to celebrate is still cause for celebration.

I'm very sorry for what happened to LostlinBA.

Perspective and measure are things to use wisely as adults, all the time.

I can understand his rage and frustration but lashing savagedly at everyone does not solve anything but makes the problem bigger instead. What he said does not come from nowhere, it is already there under the surface and the surface, like his skull, got dented.

I'm glad he's found some composture. Unfortunately he manifested something quite "normal" in my society. You vent your difficulties on the rest instead of getting even or solving them with the originating party. It's a social disease.

PhilinBsAs, I think you meant what you said. Your venting took longer to type than the whole incident. I don't blame you, but I do not have to agree or accept your opinion as far as I'm concerned. You just became a part of the problem.

Next time, invite someone from this board to celebrate and stay out of trouble ;)

LostinBA came right out and acknowledged that what he said in the OP was, let's say, unfortunate. The fact that he did so unequivocally and quickly tells me that he's not a genocidal psychopath, but rather a fallible human.

Iznogud said:
I'm very sorry for what happened to PhilinBsAs.

Perspective and measure are things to use wisely as adults, all the time.

I can understand his rage and frustration but lashing savagedly at everyone does not solve anything but makes the problem bigger instead. What he said does not come from nowhere, it is already there under the surface and the surface, like his skull, got dented.

I'm glad he's found some composture. Unfortunately he manifested something quite "normal" in my society. You vent your difficulties on the rest instead of getting even or solving them with the originating party. It's a social disease.

PhilinBsAs, I think you meant what you said. Your venting took longer to type than the whole incident. I don't blame you, but I do not have to agree or accept your opinion as far as I'm concerned. You just became a part of the problem.

Next time, invite someone from this board to celebrate and stay out of trouble ;)

Lol. I think you meant LostinBA, not PhilinBsAs.

I agree some of the words used were DEPLORABLE but when I read it I realized it was out of rage for what just happened. I'm glad the OP came back to apologize for it.

Definitely there are two sides to every story. You never know if something provoked it but I can tell you that I've heard of situations where these local Argentinean guys get super jealous for no reason.

My brother in law worked at a nice restaurant. He was serving a young couple and the guy went to the bathroom. Well, my brother in law was dropping off an appetizer and was just chatting with the girl at the table. Not flirting. Just talking. The girl was laughing. The boyfriend came back so furious and blew up! He made a big commotion and went to the manager and demanded for them to fire my brother in law.

Keep in mind he worked at the restaurant many years. My brother in law claims he wasn't flirting with her. This guy was so upset he was threatening the manager with all kinds of threats. The worst thing is they fired my brother in law over this. And on the letter where they fired him it actually said he was fired for "lustful looks towards a restaurant patron".

I've also had times when I was out with my friends and at a bar or restaurant and they will just be chatting with a girl and some jealous boyfriend will rage. NOTHING to the level of what the OP went through but I can see with alcohol something like this happening.

While I think the OP was too harsh in some of the things he said about the locals, I will say I wasn't impressed as a whole with the society and people there living there day in and day out for almost a decade.

I did make some great lifelong friends but besides those friends, I didn't really trust too many locals and I got the distinct impression that they wouldn't hesitate to cheat you if they had the chance. And I saw many first hand situations where even family or friends cheated other family or friends. Just ugly situations.

Let's be honest...most of South America doesn't think of Argentines as a "warm and friendly group of people". Most of them talk negatively when talking about the people in Argentina.

I'm not saying at all there aren't friendly and honest people in Argentina because there absolutely are.

I did, thank you.
Corrected.
I'm used to answer in a way, I hope, will never get personal.

Some people do take things personally, I try to maintain a safe distance and address the issue and not the actors involved.

Back