Attention Expats: Peanut Butter Alert!

iStar said:
Arty,

I'm currently in Toronto for the holidays. If you like I can pick up both for you.

No problem ;)

SI SI SI!!!!! I will add it to my stock pile!

arty said:
SI SI SI!!!!! I will add it to my stock pile!

Consider it done. Crunchy or Smooth? I'm going to Costco so it'll be a BIG jar!

Are you a Nutella fan? It's on sale for $2.49 this week. It's triple the price in BA. ;)

iStar said:
Consider it done.

Are you a Nutella fan? It's on sale for $2.49 this week. It's triple the price in BA. ;)

yesssssss.... you know what I like!

A friend of mine (portena) went to Brazil and brought me back some Heinz ketchup. I didn't have the heart to tell her they sell it in the markets here. I get a kick of checking out the prices on stuff I never thought twice about. And now the food/condiments I grew up are now import items. I saw Newman's own salad dressing for 39 pesos a bottle! I also have my friend's bring me Tapatio salsa picane. I never ate spicy foods til I moved to socal, and now it's the only way I like to eat my eggs.

Ok. I'll pick up a jar for you. Forget peanut butter and jelly... try peanut butter with nutella and dulce leche!

I once saw a small bottle of Maple Syrup for 63 pesos at Disco! I nearly flipped my cart!

iStar said:
Ok. I'll pick up a jar for you. Forget peanut butter and jelly... try peanut butter with nutella and dulce leche!

I once saw a small bottle of Maple Syrup for 63 pesos at Disco! I nearly flipped my cart!

thanks! i've done peanut butter and dulce leche.. kinda thick.. but with nutella added... mmmmmhmmm *homer simpson groan*

iStar said:
That's not peanut butter. It's oil, salt and peanuts.

Real peanut butter is 100% peanuts nothing else.

"Real" peanut butter is disgusting. It's the oil, salt, peanuts, and heck, even the preservatives that make it one of the most stupid delicious things to compliment my toast in the mornings. :)

markbsas said:
Absolutely agree... now if you can you tell me somewhere here that has a machine that grinds up organic peanuts into peanut butter you will be my new best friend!

Actually, those small coffee grinders work pefectly! You can order one from the states for about U$D20 and have it shipped and not have to pay any taxes to Argentina.

They have it in the health food shop on Viamonte between Suipacha and Esmerelda (microcentro). It seems to be a local brand, but it does the trick.

I have peanut butter (natural, from Córdoba,the kind that you have to mix the oil into) at my shop in Villa Urquiza, along with Nutella and a several other items that expats who have visited have been glad to find. Butterfinger bars, Baby Ruth, PEZ Dispensers, ALTOIDS. www.candylandshop.com.ar

Back