Aussie Pies

slew

Registered
Anyone know if there is a Pie shop here? (not empanada). That is one of the things I really miss here. Think about a good Four N Twenty at the footy!;)

If Aussie pies are up there with kiwi pies, I completely agree with the missing them thing. Haven´t managed to find any in 10 years except the ones I make myself. Time to get your cooking gear on, I feel.

Having just come from Sydney 3 months ago, I don't find them that different. I mean sure Aussies use actual spices in their meat pies, but they seem very similar to me. I'm however no more than a beginner with either.

Hi everyone, I miss my Harry de wheels Chicken with peas & mash potatoes....Can't beat the superior taste of Meat Pies from good old Sydney town ;-) (sorry Melbourne..but you make the better pizzas though!).

No, really, I also miss VEGEMITE, Coopers red label + Thai/Chinese/Vietnamese/Indian/Lebanese/Spanish/Greek/Italian restaurants! --Kebabs & Falafels Etc etc... Yes we are very spoilt in Oz...I'd give my right arm for the variety of restaurants in Oz.
http://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/Menu.aspx

R.

Anybody for nandos chicken and chips?

Am in oz at them moment and am enjoying the food before I return.

slew said:
Anyone know if there is a Pie shop here? (not empanada). That is one of the things I really miss here. Think about a good Four N Twenty at the footy!;)

In the years that I've been here I've not found ozzie pies for sale nor any other oz food. They did have them at the Australia day embassy afterparty a couple of years back which was a surprise.

So i should try and bring a big jar of vegemite for everybody when i come over there! :p For some reason it never occured to me that there wouldnt be meat pies over there...

Back