Votes: 1 2.5%
  • No, not my cup of tea.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No, I'd rather drink bleach.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I don't know what it is.

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
God, the number of people who would come into my store at 7 AM as soon as we opened to buy Listerine and or Rubbing Alcohol with fists full of pennies never ceased to shock/depress me. There would be a group in the alley next to us who would pass the mouth wash and call it "Good shít".

At least their breath was smelling good, rest of the body is another story.

Yes but this, unlike listerine or rubbing alcohol is technically fit for human consumption. Technically because well, give it a try, it's rough.

Yes but this, unlike listerine or rubbing alcohol is technically fit for human consumption. Technically because well, give it a try, it's rough.

Tried mixing it with coke? It seems to make fernet slightly better.

Champers isn't that expensive and my extended family seem to love it.
I drink infrequently nowadays, but when i do, it has to be damned good.
I find a couple of chilled Heinekins (es lo que hay) for when I'm lighting the fire, a really good Malbec ($120+) to start and when things get interesting, rummage around for the Jameson's.

Champers isn't that expensive and my extensive family seem to love it.

Champagne or sparkling wine? Champagne is only champagne if it's from the region of France with the same name. My favorite sparkling wine down here is Navarro Correas extra brut. You can find it at well-stocked chinos (I don't buy booze anywhere else.) If anyone has a recommendation for a good sparkling wine that you might actually have to go a wine-selling establishment to get, I'd be willing to try it as long as the price tag isn't too crazy (too crazy being more than ~AR$150).

I voted red wine, though. Now I am off to the chino to get some! Having to go to the back to the cerrajería three times in the same day until they finally make a copy of your keys that works is the kind of stuff that drives one to the bottle down here. I really shouldn't complain since the guy was buena onda and I actually managed to get a working set in the end. ;) Salud...

I find Champagne to be overrated anyhow.
If it's bubbly and gets the ladies all giggly, it's the same for me.

I find Champagne to be overrated anyhow.
If it's bubbly and gets the ladies all giggly, it's the same for me.

Agreed, I don't think it's fair that Champagne gets all the glory! Lots of good bubbly stuff out there. Clearly if my favorite is from the chino I'm not much of a snob about these things, ha.

Back