Votes: 1 2.5%
  • No, not my cup of tea.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No, I'd rather drink bleach.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I don't know what it is.

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Well, the wine I just bought tasted like vinegar, because it had gone bad. I walked through the pouring rain to try return it to the chino and they wouldn't give me my money back. Said they couldn't do anything because the bottle was already open. Did what I could, made a mini-scene and all that, nothing. Years ago I got a bad bottle of balsamic vinegar and raised so much shit that they did change it (different chino of course), but I just don't want to have to be that person again. I don't. A bottle of wine is not worth it. The bottle was in a sale section and had the date 2009, so I should have known it had probably been sitting in a box somewhere for at least four years with no climate control. I should have known, I should have known, but you live in other places and you get soft again. Less than a month back and I'm already getting sick of it here, again. It's been pretty relentless B.S. of one type or another almost since the day we landed. Just wanted a damn glass of wine.

NOVACENTO extra brut is good considering it is 33pesos.

Beer: Patagonia (weisse) is very good but abit expensive at 32pesos imo. Cheers!

Well, the wine I just bought tasted like vinegar, because it had gone bad. I walked through the pouring rain to try return it to the chino and they wouldn't give me my money back. Said they couldn't do anything because the bottle was already open. Did what I could, made a mini-scene and all that, nothing. Years ago I got a bad bottle of balsamic vinegar and raised so much shit that they did change it (different chino of course), but I just don't want to have to be that person again. I don't. A bottle of wine is not worth it. The bottle was in a sale section and had the date 2009, so I should have known it had probably been sitting in a box somewhere for at least four years with no climate control. I should have known, I should have known, but you live in other places and you get soft again. Less than a month back and I'm already getting sick of it here, again. It's been pretty relentless B.S. of one type or another almost since the day we landed. Just wanted a damn glass of wine.

A red should keep that long, but I'd never buy a white with that date.

They had the following drink at Mundo Lingo in a 2fer. It was pretty good. What's not to like about Wild Turkey with Fernet.

The Fanciulli is a variant on a classic cocktail. In this case, it's a Manhattan. The origins of this drink are somewhat dim, but the flavor certainly isn't. It's a Manhattan with a bitter menthol backbone. The original recipe calls for bourbon; rye works too. But whichever you choose, pick a strong whiskey, something that will stand up to the fernet. I'd go with Bulleit or Wild Turkey 101, if you're choosing bourbon.

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/10/essential-fernet-branca-cocktails-making-drinks-at-home.html

A red should keep that long, but I'd never buy a white with that date.

Directly under a light on a shelf in a chino where the temps swing from 12 to 32 during the year? I wouldn't risk it. Buy your wine from wine stores. There usually cheaper than the chinos too and most decent ones will take back faulted wines.

Directly under a light on a shelf in a chino where the temps swing from 12 to 32 during the year? I wouldn't risk it. Buy your wine from wine stores. There usually cheaper than the chinos too and most decent ones will take back faulted wines.

I often buy wine from the Carrefour at Scalabrini Ortiz 3128, and it's fine. So is the Disco at Las Heras 3925.

I often buy wine from the Carrefour at Scalabrini Ortiz 3128, and it's fine. So is the Disco at Las Heras 3925.

I don't doubt it. I'm not even saying that all wine from chinos are going to be bad, just that I wouldn't be buying them there if I could help it.

Anyway if you would re read my post you would notice I specifically mentioned chinos not large chain stores like carrefour and disco which are usually climate controlled and have a much much higher rotation of products.

Back