BA Real Estate market to take a dive before the end of the year.

If one were to -theoretically- be interested in looking at some real estate opportunities (with a realistic grasp of the risk of course) what would be some good channels to explore? Apartments, houses, etc...

If one were to -theoretically- be interested in looking at some real estate opportunities (with a realistic grasp of the risk of course) what would be some good channels to explore? Apartments, houses, etc...

Definitely studios and 1 bedroom Apartments in Excellent locations , in buildings with all the amenities. Pool, gym , Party area, Parrilla, etc.
Potential rental properties easy to dump. However, one caveat , when the situation becomes normal you are looking at a 3 % p.a.max revenue ? Is it worth the headaches, all the hoops you must go trough ..????? Maybe if you are in your thirties and need new challenges..??

Meanwhile Argentinian ADR stocks traded in Wall Street, went up 17 % Today....!

A third of AirBNB Superhosts have more than 24 properties?!?!?!?! Anyone know the figures for Argentina?

AirBNB has determined that a third of Airbnb's US hosts have one property. Another third have between two and 24 properties and get ready for this: a third have more than 24.

To make matters worse, and this is exactly what we warned about last month, Airbnb Superhosts are now panic selling properties:

Greg Hague, who runs a Phoenix real-estate firm, said Airbnb hosts are "desperate to sell properties" in April.

"There's been a flood of people. You have people coming to us saying, 'I'm a month or two away from foreclosure. What's it going to take to get it sold now?'" Hague said.
And here's what we said in March: "We might have discovered the next big seller that could ruin the real estate market: Airbnb Superhosts that need to get liquid."

this link says, a year ago, 52,000 plus or minus properties, and 35,000 hosts, in Argentina. Which means, sure there are some with multiples, but probably not many. https://www.batimes.com.ar/news/argentina/argentina-adapts-to-the-airbnb-boom.phtml
the really big multiple listers are mostly in the USA, I read one guy in NYC managed and listed 275 properties.
And some of the "hosts" with multiple properties turned out to be paid representatives of time share property chains, renting many different owners properties for them.

Argentina, in general, has very few giant landlords. As I mentioned, Jared Kushner has 9000 units in Baltimore alone- the biggest landlord in the US has something like 70,000 units. I would be amazed if there were similar owners in BA. I dont know of many buildings that are all rentals bigger than 4 or 6 units. Part of the genial chaos in Argentina comes from a 100 unit building having 300 owners, none of whom agree with each other.

Back