Bagels!!

I went looking for some yesterday and today
The solo bagels at BA design is GONE! Don on Vera ,which supplies Cafe Crespin, is ,so I hear, very good but expensive I just called today
The plainest costs 12 pesos cinnamon or cheese flavoured ones 15 and 17 respectively! No way I'd pay this
Got some at Casa China in Barrio Chino but not really bagels...just more or less looked like them
Any other ideas at fair prices?
Thanks

So Bagels is in Distrito Arcos now, never bought just a bagel, the sandwiches run around 70 pesos. Their bagels are OK not super great but the sandwich is decent.

A real tasty bagel doesn't need to be stuffed with twenty fillings. The less the better.

Well said. A good bagel only needs a good schmear. Maybe some purple onion. Okay, give me some lox, while you're at it.

Damn, that's how it starts.

I tried delicious bagels at Sugar & Spice, at Guatemala street, between Av Juan B Justo and Humboldt. The store is very nice, with lots of orange, great quality and very nice customer service.
Keep in mind that you have to ask in advance for bagels, which are sold frozen. ( February 2015)

I found some at Viegener on Coronel Diaz 6 pesos each poppy, onion, sesame,cinnamon and raisin I will let you know after I try them
I think they may be more bread looking like bagels but they told me no!

Hey all, this guy's going to be in Palermo Soho today, I might check it out.

Jacob's Bagels

https://www.facebook.com/sheikobsbagels

any idea exactly where and how much?
BTW the ones I bought the other day were not bad for $6 but were more like I thought bread in bagel shapes

IMO Sugar and Spice bagels are excellent. I believe that they sell them at the U.S. Embassy employee's cafe.
Their address is Guatemala 5419 off Juan B. Justo. Call them before you go, as supplies are limited; 4777-5423.
S & S wasn't making them during the holidays, so the bagels at Casa China were a fair alternative and are cheap. I bought a package of 5, marked "New York Classic". Not bad if they're toasted.

Allie either reads this page or has a good timing, whatever it is, she typically is spot on... "Finally a legit BA bagel I can get down with... Sheikob's Bagels sets up shop curbside outside LATTEnTE (Thames 1891) on Sundays. BOILED AND BAKED, son."

Back