Banks Accounts Being Frozen?

Lucas said:
Which Lucas you're referring to? ... in the case it mean to be me, thanks for the compliment, but I prefer white coffee.

BTW, here is a very interesting video from TVPublicaArgentina, Visión Siete Internacional from October 07/2011 (only spanish, sorry) with an interview to the supreme court judge Dr. Eugenio R. Zaffaroni about the United States and the constitutional right of their citizens, and how those rights have been disappearing quite fast lately.

Youtube >click<
Note and interview to Dr. Eugenio R. Zaffaroni on Baraka Obama announcement on September 30/2011

I don't think that this note and interview will be able to be reproduced in Unites States or be commented in the news, anyway here is for you to listen and review.

Lucas, the Argentina Supreme Court Judges are as corrupt as any of the politicians here so I would put zero stock in anything that comes out of their mouths.

That being said, I agree that our rights are systematically being stripped from us. Regardless of what any of the commie/marxists like to propagate on this site, that is one of the Tea Party's platforms.

As the Declaration of Independence states, we have the right to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness. We DO NOT have the right to jobs, housing, or free healthcare (all privileges EARNED through hard work and sacrifice).

The criminal politicians in the US that are banning salt, smoking, holiday celebrations, or forcing banks to make loans to people that can't afford them...these are the oppressors and they all deserve to be imprisioned or at least kicked out office.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you. . . you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged

JWB said:
Lucas, the Argentina Supreme Court Judges are as corrupt as any of the politicians here so I would put zero stock in anything that comes out of their mouths.

I could may agree with you on this and may not, but what is certainly you are 100% wrong with this judge and it also shows the contempt you have with anything Argentinean in general be this a judge, a president or an individual.

JWB said:
That being said, I agree that our rights are systematically being stripped from us. Regardless of what any of the commie/marxists like to propagate on this site, that is one of the Tea Party's platforms.

The commie/marxist are the only ones that you have in your mind and don't let you see further away than the tip of your nose, so please don't suggest that I'm a commie/marxist sympathizer if you don't want me to call you a ultra right wing capitalist or a tea bag dipper.

JWB said:
As the Declaration of Independence states, we have the right to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness. We DO NOT have the right to jobs, housing, or free healthcare (all privileges EARNED through hard work and sacrifice).

It may be true, desirable and very lovable principles indeed but it seems to me that those same and commendable principles are been systematically severed in order to satisfy that same commie/marxist attitude you are professing trough your mind right now and shifted to another dimension called the Muslim terrorism treat, before this there were the commie/marxist with the russkies at the helm in which all Americans have a view of Russians as one thing: bad people, and then the yellow peril was in fashion, now of course the yellow peril is gone they're good business and if they are good business they're not a peril anymore.

JWB said:
The criminal politicians in the US that are banning salt, smoking, holiday celebrations, or forcing banks to make loans to people that can't afford them...these are the oppressors and they all deserve to be imprisioned or at least kicked out office.

I agree with that but remember that the slogan was "greed is good" in which the main foundations of the successful United States corporations rise were based, so I'm pretty sure that you as many others if not the vast majority together and in that occasion unquestionably celebrated that phrase cliche, but now, because it was overwhelmingly successful in their pursuit it has become suddenly a bad word, no one questioned it in the first place and now we have the results of that, too bad for everyone.

Have a nice day, and please don't take personally anything has being said.

Joe said:
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you. . . you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged

This is the only "favorite quote" I have on my facebook profile (and it has been there for many months):

"Every movement that seeks to enslave a country, every dictatorship or potential dictatorship, needs some minority group as a scapegoat which it can blame for the nation’s troubles and use as a justification of its own demands for dictatorial powers. In Soviet Russia, the scapegoat was the bourgeoisie; in Nazi Germany, it was the Jewish people; in America, it is the businessmen." Ayn Rand: Capitalism: the Unknown Ideal.

(I was just about to post it in the "Occupy Wall Street" thread, but I read Joe's post first.)

StevePalermo said:
Re Backmann as President:

I suppose she's got such a great grasp of economics...

"If we took away the minimum wage -- if conceivably it was gone -- we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level."

And her main priority would of course be "Gay marriage is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I am not understating that."

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Obama, but I think she's even more stupid than Palin, if such a thing were possible.

Increases in the minimum wage always destroys some of the lowest paying jobs as those already earning more expect and demand concomitant increases in pay. That's why unions always support the increases.

I have no issues with gay marriage, but only because I don't give a rat's ass about marriage in the first place. Just don't forget President Obama is against gay marriage, too.

I personally can't see gay marriage having any negative consequences on "society" whatsoever.

Every "gay" person was the product of a heterosexual relationship and homosexuals (by definition) can't reproduce homosexual children. (I don't believe sexual preference is a matter of choice. If it was I would have switched sides long ago.)

So let the wedding bells ring.:p

And just be happy you're alive.:)

Lucas said:
I could may agree with you on this and may not, but what is certainly you are 100% wrong with this judge and it also shows the contempt you have with anything Argentinean in general be this a judge, a president or an individual.

The commie/marxist are the only ones that you have in your mind and don't let you see further away than the tip of your nose, so please don't suggest that I'm a commie/marxist sympathizer if you don't want me to call you a ultra right wing capitalist or a tea bag dipper.

It may be true, desirable and very lovable principles indeed but it seems to me that those same and commendable principles are been systematically severed in order to satisfy that same commie/marxist attitude you are professing trough your mind right now and shifted to another dimension called the Muslim terrorism treat, before this there were the commie/marxist with the russkies at the helm in which all Americans have a view of Russians as one thing: bad people, and then the yellow peril was in fashion, now of course the yellow peril is gone they're good business and if they are good business they're not a peril anymore.

I agree with that but remember that the slogan was "greed is good" in which the main foundations of the successful United States corporations rise were based, so I'm pretty sure that you as many others if not the vast majority together and in that occasion unquestionably celebrated that phrase cliche, but now, because it was overwhelmingly successful in their pursuit it has become suddenly a bad word, no one questioned it in the first place and now we have the results of that, too bad for everyone.

Have a nice day, and please don't take personally anything has being said.

No contempt, he is an Argentina Judge. Enough said.

I wasn't suggesting YOU were a commie/marxist though I'm pretty sure you are close. As for me, I AM PROUD TO BE A DIE HARD CAPITALIST AND CONSERVATIVE/LIBERTARIAN.

"Another dimension" are you suggesting that there is no muslim terrorist threat? As for the Russians...they were commies/marxists and by yellow I guess you are referring to the Japanese who attacked the U.S.? So, not sure what dimension you are living in but the muslim extremists are a threat, the russians were commies bent on the destruction of the West, and the Japanese were at war with us.

When was "greed is good" ever a slogan? I don't remember reciting that. And no, the small minority might embrace that slogan but myself and the "majority" you mention prefer personal responsibility, work ethic, and a true free market (but I wouldn't expect an Argentine to understand that).

Never do.

JWB said:
No contempt, he is an Argentina Judge. Enough said.

I see, then I can say exactly the same as for what yourself represent. Enough said indeed.

JWB said:
I wasn't suggesting YOU were a commie/marxist though I'm pretty sure you are close. As for me, I AM PROUD TO BE A DIE HARD CAPITALIST AND CONSERVATIVE/LIBERTARIAN.

You are far away from that preconception but because you preconceive everything before hand it is compressible your wrong attitude, for you it seems that anything that is not in line of your views must be a commie/marxists, all I can say isn't entirely your fault you has been indoctrinated in that vein so nothing I'll say or do will change that view, but because of that I'm not will remain silent as others do because silence gives the reason to intolerance and even encourage it, and here in this country we did have plenty of that intolerance attached to silence.

JWB said:
"Another dimension" are you suggesting that there is no Muslim terrorist threat? As for the Russians...they were commies/marxists and by yellow I guess you are referring to the Japanese who attacked the U.S.? So, not sure what dimension you are living in but the Muslim extremists are a threat, the Russians were commies bent on the destruction of the West, and the Japanese were at war with us.

Muslim terrorist threat, of course there are now it wasn't the case before the 9/11 but now you have another prefabricated threat to keep you and your countryman busy protecting yourselves of those and therefore your liberties and rights are starting to crumble under these, you see it's all over again the good cowboy guy against the bad and nasty Indians there are no more Indians now, and no more commies Russians, and no more japs or nazis around so a nasty character is urgently needed so the movie can continue rolling, lets cast those Muslims, shall we?, presto a new enemy is active, everything is in the right place now.

JWB said:
When was "greed is good" ever a slogan? I don't remember reciting that. And no, the small minority might embrace that slogan but myself and the "majority" you mention prefer No contempt, he is an Argentina Judge. Enough said.

You didn't but its obvious that is what happens, isn't? I can see all that nice and lovely razzmatazz of "I prefer personal responsibility, work ethic, and a true free market" and I ask, where was it?, I didn't see it, what I saw and continue seeing is plenty of greed, speculation, and big bucks with little work or ethics. It may very well did happen 50 or 80 years ago but in the last 30 years was all easy money little work and nil ethics.

JWB said:
(but I wouldn't expect an Argentine to understand that). Never do.

I'll go along with that, and also I'll not expecting you understand others point of view not in a million years you guys never did that through your history not interest whatsoever in accommodating or approximate others side needs, never did that, nor that it's expected either, really is a waste of effort and time as it is happening right now.

Enough said.

Joe said:
Is your bank account about to be frozen?

No, I'm not talking about Argentina, I'm talking about the US.

Expats, are you wholly dependent on that US debit card?

Argentinians, do you have your nest egg in a US bank account?

Maybe it's time to reconsider. During the crisis in Argentina in the early 2000's did people get arrested for trying to close bank accounts?

Mass arrests in the US of people in business attire trying to close bank accounts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdeuuzXS_sY#t=1m30s

I like the word "disingenuous" used by another poster to describe your post. You provide false and misleading information.

The people taken into custody, including those in business attire, were not arrested while "trying to close bank accounts." They were part of the Occupy Wall Street Movement. They had or were attempting to "occupy" bank lobbies. It is against the law to protest on private property without the permission of the property owner. Its just that simple.

To equate the occupy movement with Argentina's situation when banks assets were frozen is irresponsible.

steveinbsas said:
but if MB is stupid, I'm a one armed German astronaut who invented the bicycle.

I think there's a difference in getting things wrong (Obama's economic policy) and sheer stupidity.

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be pr oduced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas". MB

My 6 year old grandson knows that CO2 is harmful, but not MB apparently.

I could go on with further examples of her stupidity but I'm sure you're too busy with your next invention.

I'm not sure if you really meant it, as you seem to be a pretty rational poster on here, but it would be a bit pathetic if we are reduced to a level of debate when we call our political opponents evil. Now Stalin, Mao and Hitler, they were evil. I don't put Obama or Bush in that category.

StevePalermo said:
"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be pr oduced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas". MB

You do not need to look very deeply into the compendium of MB statements to realize that she is both stupid and dangerous. Or dangerously stupid. I though her soul sister, Palin, was a total cretin however I'm afraid that the republicans have unearthed the supreme moron to amaze and amuse us. But she will be soooooo very easy to manipulate. The puppet masters behind the screen will make her dance sing for the evangelical masses while they finish milking the electoral cow dry.

Back