Bed Bugs.

nlaruccia

Registered
Can anyone by any chance identify this tiny little red bug. I thought maybe the bites on my arm were caused by fleas but I fumigated my apartment twice, gave my cat three topical solutions and a pill and took him to the vet. I see black specks on the sheets and sometimes a tiny blood stain and an occasional tiny bug like the one in the photo, or a tiny white one that looks like it has blood inside. Sometimes I spot one crawling on the wall next to the bed. Is this a bed bug? Can anyone identify it? Or recommend a fumigation company?

IMG_2732.jpg

The details you provide sound like them. The young ones look this color (translucent, the red is blood) before they molt. Then they are dark brown. They are usually flat unless they fed recently. I hope it's not them as the best way to get rid of them is with a heat treatment of the apartment/house, which essentially cook them and their eggs. Otherwise, chemicals need to be applied once a month for a few to several months (each hatching). Unfortunately, they can live up to 18 months without a meal. Check the lip of the mattress as they prefer to hide in cracks/folds, but with close proximity to their meal (you). Sorry, this really sucks if it is bed bugs.

There is a lot of online info to help you determine if you have them, and, if you do, what do to about them.

Bob

I finally found one and I'm positive it's a bed bug. How disgusting. I'm sleeping on my couch until I resolve this. Now I have to find a reputable fumigation company.

I am no expert, but I would replace the mattress and fumigate the apartment. I had the same problem. threw out the mattress and purchased some insecticide at the local store. sprayed the perimeter and doorways. it went away

Yuck! I wish you luck on getting rid of these. Let us know what you end up doing. I would hate to have these little bastards crawling around.

If you don't mind me asking, what do the bites look like? Are there many? Do they itch or hurt?

I only saw one adult brown one and freaked out. I've been seeing tiny ones occasionally for two weeks thinking they were fleas. I took my sheets to the lavanderia beciasenthey can dry them in hot heat then I called a fumigation company. They said every time I wash my clothes to add alcohol vinegar to the washing machine. They will have to fumigate twice: $480 pesos each visit and advise me what to do with my mattress. You can't just throw it out because someone in the street will use it and get bitten. I have a bed bug cover that's too big for my mattress that I bought abroad. I read that if you put the mattreas inside you'll trap the bugs and they'll starve to death.

The bites look like tiny red bumps that itch. I took a Benadryl and the inflammation went down.

So sorry to hear it. Bed bugs are a nightmare to get rid of! I always check the mattress before I stay in a hotel because they come home with you and it's hard to finally knock those suckers out for good. I've heard mixed results on fumigation companies. Maybe check online for more thorough and less toxic ways to get rid of them. They are kind of like lice…they can hide and survive and come back just when you think they're gone. Good luck!

So sorry to hear it. Bed bugs are a nightmare to get rid of! I always check the mattress before I stay in a hotel because they come home with you and it's hard to finally knock those suckers out for good. I've heard mixed results on fumigation companies. Maybe check online for more thorough and less toxic ways to get rid of them. They are kind of like lice…they can hide and survive and come back just when you think they're gone. Good luck!

Thank you for the advice. They can come back. I guess that's why the company told me they would have to fumigate twice. Hopefully the second time will do the trick. I won't even go into my bedroom except to grab a fresh change of clothes. I definitely won't let my cat in there either. It's like a crime scene, I just need the plastic yellow tape to mark and block the door.

If you live in capital federal you are supposed to call 147 or go to the cgp that belongs to your address and ask for a free of charge service to get your mattress. You have the chance to put it on the sidewalk, and a homeless or cartonero will take it. Put a piece of paper saying that it has the bed bugs, so they will be aware.

Wash you sheets with a small quantity of chlorine, there are products for clothes with color, and use a very hot iron to be sure there are not eggs left, or buy new ones if possible.

If you have a wodden floor, also an exhaustive cleaning is required, as well with all the furniture.

The company has to fumigate twice because of the eggs, that can "wait" a proper environment to develop into a bed bug.

Back