Benefits Of Argentine Citizenship Vs. Permanent Residency

That's not the case as far as I know now. You have to return to Argentina every 3 years (although someone posted recently it's every year) in order to retain your permanent residency. I'll try and dig up the info.

Correct CityGirl and syngirl added that she "heard" from her Escribano brother in Law that is only 6 months?

That's not the case as far as I know now. You have to return to Argentina every 3 years (although someone posted recently it's every year) in order to retain your permanent residency. I'll try and dig up the info.

What if you have anchor babies?

There's probably not the same concern about letting the Permanent Residency expiring, is there?

I don see any real benefit,it's a personal choice to be more integrated or not.Can any body clarify the "when dose PR expire" with the length of time out the country or an easier
question,where are the unicorns living these days.

>Bajocero noted that having citizenship can keep you from getting deported, but I think if I was in a situation where I was about to be deported<

Same is if you have a US permanent residency card, the Homeland Security people at the inmmigration booth when non-US citizen enters the US territory either by Air or Land, the HS people can deport you without a cause,heard this from an acquitance working at the airport US inmmigration and the Homeland Security..
It saz, scanning any particular foreign passport, there can be any glitch showing in the PC screen then you are taken right into the interrogation room for validation if to let you in or,to deport you!
So if you are to stay in that country for long, it is better to get the citizenship instead of being content of just having the residency card..Once you acquire that citizenship status, you can not be deported period..

For us the still foreigners living in the US with status as Alien registered recipients,as the green card holders, we have to re-enter any US soils every 6 months and stay on the terra firma registered to the US for at least 24 hours.

So it could be anywhere from every year to two to three. I can't find anything that spells it out clearly. Anyone have any luck? But fact remains one must return relatively frequently to retain "permanent" residency as opposed to citizens. So there's that in the plus column for citizenship.

So it could be anywhere from every year to two to three. I can't find anything that spells it out clearly. Anyone have any luck? But fact remains one must return relatively frequently to retain "permanent" residency as opposed to citizens. So there's that in the plus column for citizenship.

It is TWO years! I checked with an expert immigration lawyer, so let's stop the rumors! Permanent Residents must return one time in two years and that can be for a 24 hour visit. Period.

[font=Helvetica Neue'][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]
* You have better access to Mercosur countries, for both residency and citizenship. I just read that in Colombia, for example, you have to live there for 5 years to apply for citizenship. However, citizens of other Mercosur countries only have to wait 1 year.

This isn't entirely accurate. In Colombia there are business, temporary and resident visas. I have a TP-10 spouse visa in Colombia, which falls under the temporary category. It lasts for three years, then I can get permanent residency. Other temporary visas take five years before you can get permanent residency (not citizenship). There is a Mercosur visa that falls under this temporary category, and it lasts for two years--this is not a path to permanent residency, much less citizenship, as far as I can tell from the web site, but I was just skimming. Anyone who's curious/bored enough to read all the fine print can look here for more info (you can change the site to English at the top right of the page if necessary): http://www.canciller.../visas/clases��

My husband's Argentine DNI is set to expire in August-- it will be two years since he last set foot in the country. Two years, not one, not three. That's the only figure he's ever gotten from government officials. He could have applied for Argentine citizenship, but like most of you, he didn't see the point. [/background]
[/font]

Back