Benefits Of Argentine Citizenship Vs. Permanent Residency

At present I honestly don't think they can do that here. Permanent residents under Argentine law have many more rights and protections than in the U.S. They can't deport you just because. Bajocero's comment had to do with if you were accused of a crime, or something like that. The likelihood of what you are talking about is slim to none.

Not exactly. The immigration law allows deportation for any violation to the immigration law. In this case he delay in providing the afip alta temprana as an employed:

To do not respect the ammount of days you have to be here to be a resident is also a violation to the immigration law.

Has Argentine Immigration law recently shortened the period of time that a permanent resident can be outside Argentina without losing his PR status?

AN ARCA's website's FAQ page under a question about Argentine taxation also seems to say that to maintain one's status as a permanent resident, Immigration law requires him to be in Argentina for 6+ months in every year.

For some technical reason I don't know, I'm unable to paste the link or any of its text here. But the website is:

http:www.argentineresidency.com/faqs/about-Argentina-information.htm

I have a very compelling reason why I will persue citizenship. As a foreigner I am not allowed to work at the state school in provincia Neuquen. Simply not even allowed to leave my CV.

As for owning property close to the border, that has changed. I'm as close to Chile as you get and I own property both together with a citizen and on my own. This changed a few years back I think. The escribano made a comment about it, but it wasn't a problem.

My first hurdle to begin the process is the documentation that I have to get from Sweden. Then I have to go to Zapala once. Obviously other problems will arise along the way, but with children born here and a citizen husband I feel confident.

Then I will try to get my teaching degree recognized here as well, and that it a completely different problem.

In case of war, I can see the benefits of having Argentinian citizenship.
Or if you have a child with an Argentinian, you can have the same rights as him/her on the children if one of you want to move abroad.

You mean this:

Looks very accurate for me.

You will have problems if you loose your DNI. You cannot do it again.
But, since 2015 the old DNI is not valid anymore, you have to do the new style (card) and they have expiration date. When it gets expired, you won t be able to renew it of you didn t respect the law about how many days you have to live here.

But, what is the law regarding how many days you have to live in Argentina to retain permanent residency? My understanding is that you have to return at least once a year.

I travel constantly. While I wouldnt say that an Argentine passport is as good as many so-called"first world" nations, it is not a bad one.I am going in 2 weeks to Turkey and Argentines can travel without a visa, most Europeans and N Americans can not! I also get an Iranian visa with much less hassle than other nationalities. And of course within S America, it's a no brainer! This all being said, I am glad though that it is not my only passport!

You mean this:

Looks very accurate for me.

You will have problems if you loose your DNI. You cannot do it again.
But, since 2015 the old DNI is not valid anymore, you have to do the new style (card) and they have expiration date. When it gets expired, you won t be able to renew it of you didn t respect the law about how many days you have to live here.
What is a "Presidencia" is it like a President?

So far no answer to the ops questions! I'm seeing my immigration lawyer today and will ask him!

Back