Best Carne Restaurants

Not sure how to even address a post that's so wrong. So I'm just going to address this quote, which is the most wrong part. Practically every second restaurant in Buenos Aires has Italian food. The idea that there's only '332 Italian restaurants' in Buenos Aires is patently ridiculous when you consider that Italian food is almost always HALF THE MENU in any Argentine restaurant! Even parillas have pasta menus 2 pages long while every restaurant serves you bread on the table (which is a tradition that comes direct from Italy) etc. Italian food in Argentina is generally not marked as specifically 'Italian' food, because it's been integrated so strongly into the local cuisine.

This fact shows clearly that Italian identity is a core part of both the general culture and the gastronomy in Argentina. In all the places you listed, Italian food is specifically marked as such (and is for the most part utter Spaghetti and Meatballs, Alfredo etc style anglicised garbage), while in Argentina, the Italian influence is so strong it's just considered everyday Argentine food.

I agree this is a great restaurant. The hotel is spectacular as well. Although I have a beautiful apartment close to the Park Hyatt, every year my wife and I will spend a staycation weekend at the Park Hyatt in a big suite.

I TOTALLY agree with you Perry! So true. Back in the late 90's /early 2000's virtually every place had amazing steak. Even hole in the wall restaurants the quality of steak would blow away the quality of most places in the USA except for the really expensive and high end steak houses in the USA. But then quality just kept deteriorating for the reasons that you mentioned. I used to get really great steak at La Cabrera as well but the past few times I went it was just a disgrace. They let the buzz go to their head but quality kept going down.

Now I can routinely get a much better steak in the USA at good steak places than most places in Buenos Aires steak houses. Still there are certain cuts that they just don't have perfected in the USA like Argentina. Love Tira de Asado in Argentina.

As far as quality of food. You know it really really used to suck. Way back when BA wasn't a big foodie city and there was virtually NO diversity of food. It was ALL pasta, pizza, empanadas, steak. No sushi, no seafood, no ethnic food, no taco places, none of all these burger places you see today. Yes, the pasta, steaks and empanadas and milenesas were great but there is only so much you can eat that of that stuff. I was eating steak like 4 times a week.

Today there is are a LOT of different types of food there and I think they have elevated it much higher. Lots of good restaurants now. Still, I don't think it compares to other places. I definitely would disagree with people that say the food all sucks there. They have a LOT of great restaurants there. But you can easily spend as much or more in some of these than you'd spend in the US in some of them. Lots of places there with really good food are prohibitively expensive for locals.
Sorry but i dont think that sushi or tacos are considered great food.Great food is spanish,italian and french

This has been commented before but the immigrant communities over generations believed that the kitchen was best left to the maid. In the provinces of the south there is a culture of home cooked meals prepared by the myriad of different communities. In capital federal a typical meal is milanesa y papas fritas. take away empanadas. store bought pasta. very simple high calorie dishes or washed down with cocacola.
Ahh,yes that is because usa food is so healthy..Im guess that all the fatsos you see on the streets are tourits....And coca cola..give me a break...

That's just not true at all, immigrant communities are the ones who couldn't afford maids. I know dozens of 3rd generation Italians in Argentina who have secret recipes passed down from their Italian abuelas that are amazing. Argentina is absolutely chock full of Italian restaurants that make their own pasta, along with pasta shops that sell fresh homemade pasta around every single corner (something you don't see anywhere else in the world but Italy and Argentina). Just because Milanesa is popular doesn't mean the Italian food isn't also plentiful and good. And by the way, Milanesa itself is an Italian dish, and in Italy it also has a side of papas fritas. So even THAT is VERY italian.

This country has the best Italian food that isn't made by first-generation Italians in the world. It's much much much better than the Italian food in the Anglo diaspora and has retained a lot more of its original characteristics, likely due to the much higher concentration of immigrants from Italy. The only big difference is the Pizza, but Argentine pizza has taken on its own identity and is now very much its own, unique thing, which is also a sign of a healthy gastronomic environment, since most other Latin American countries just serve US-style pizza.
Indeed,but this ridiculous anglo saxons,think they know everything,they speak about italian food,90% of them have never been to Europe,let alone,Italy...

That is the point why should good food be so difficult to find and why should someone have to travel many miles to be able to access good quality ingredients . This is a problem in Argentina but it is improving with more fresh food markets and more variety of foods . Saying that it has a long way to go . Sushi is a prime example its 99% salmon ( from toxic Chilean salmon farms) Where are the other varieties of fish ? Argentina has a incredible coastline and noone can supply any other fish but salmon in sushi restaurants .

In Peru you have incredible food markets in large cities like Lima . Arequipa, Cusco, or Iquitos . The best food market I saw in South America was in Iquitos Peru with a tremendous array of fruits, vegetables, meats, fishes from the river, local delicacies and much more . It is actually the largest outdoor market in South America in the Belen district . There one can eat incredible fresh flavoursome meals for just 8 soles.

This can also be done in Buenos Aires and there is a huge market for this as witnessed by the Buenos Aires food markets held in different parks every few weeks .
sushi good food?rice,and uncooked fish,that smell and tastes like an unwashed vagina?no thanks.

Wow, lots of haters out there on Argentine food traditions! Well, first, for the OP - I really like Solomila in Nunez, as well as La Escondida, and Besares - these are all relatively mid-range but good parrillas. I second El Mirasol in Recova for a higher prices parrilla.

On Argentine cooking - my wife is Argentine, and I love the food her and her family prepare at home. All of it is made with love. Their homemade gnocchi is amazing - and I’ve never been able to replicate it. Why? Because there is no “recipe” - it’s made by feel - the amounts will depend on the humidity, the type of potato, etc. Whether it’s a simple vegetable tarta, or something more elaborate - all delicious and made with love based on how they saw their mothers and grandmothers made it.

Yes the pizza is a bit different in the restaurants - different but good. And my sister in law made me the most amazing arugala and roquefort pizza - I still crave it - on cheap pans that have been seasoned for the last 20 years.

Once again - I think its not accurate to generalize like this.
Tht is because they are ignorant anglo saxons,specially american,who know nothing and think they know it all,most of them have never even been to europe...Probably cant even find Italy on a map

Not sure how to even address a post that's so wrong. So I'm just going to address this quote, which is the most wrong part. Practically every second restaurant in Buenos Aires has Italian food. The idea that there's only '332 Italian restaurants' in Buenos Aires is patently ridiculous when you consider that Italian food is almost always HALF THE MENU in any Argentine restaurant! Even parillas have pasta menus 2 pages long while every restaurant serves you bread on the table (which is a tradition that comes direct from Italy) etc. Italian food in Argentina is generally not marked as specifically 'Italian' food, because it's been integrated so strongly into the local cuisine.

This fact shows clearly that Italian identity is a core part of both the general culture and the gastronomy in Argentina. In all the places you listed, Italian food is specifically marked as such (and is for the most part utter Spaghetti and Meatballs, Alfredo etc style anglicised garbage), while in Argentina, the Italian influence is so strong it's just considered everyday Argentine food.
Indeed,milanesa is cottoleta a la milanese....But o expects these ignorants who only speak english,to now that cottolete means cutlet in italian and milanese,menas from Milan,italy,is too much to expect...

Ahh,yes that is because usa food is so healthy..Im guess that all the fatsos you see on the streets are tourits....And coca cola..give me a break...
What a ignorant and rascist comment to all the usa citizens here. By the way Argentina diet is very unhealthy with the highest sugar intake per person in the whole world. By the way I grew up in a greek cypriot community and do not need your judgement nor rascism

sushi good food?rice,and uncooked fish,that smell and tastes like an unwashed vagina?no thanks.

What a outrageous disgusting misogonist comment. Sushi is extremely popular dish with argentinian people and there is over 200 thousand japanese descendants in Argentina. Please

Back