Best Carne Restaurants

Do
Sorry but i dont think that sushi or tacos are considered great food.Great food is spanish,italian and french

Do you know how complex the flavors and spices of Mexican food are and how well considered it is by chefs around the world? You say Americans think they know it all, when, with your comment, you are acting like you you do. Also, your proeuropean bias and smallmindedness are showing.

Not sure how to even address a post that's so wrong. So I'm just going to address this quote, which is the most wrong part. Practically every second restaurant in Buenos Aires has Italian food. The idea that there's only '332 Italian restaurants' in Buenos Aires is patently ridiculous when you consider that Italian food is almost always HALF THE MENU in any Argentine restaurant! Even parillas have pasta menus 2 pages long while every restaurant serves you bread on the table (which is a tradition that comes direct from Italy) etc. Italian food in Argentina is generally not marked as specifically 'Italian' food, because it's been integrated so strongly into the local cuisine.

This fact shows clearly that Italian identity is a core part of both the general culture and the gastronomy in Argentina. In all the places you listed, Italian food is specifically marked as such (and is for the most part utter Spaghetti and Meatballs, Alfredo etc style anglicised garbage), while in Argentina, the Italian influence is so strong it's just considered everyday Argentine food.

Your comments are always without any study but based on your ego that cannot tolerate a different opinion to yours . In every cafe in Australia and the USA I would hazard to guess that there is a italian dish be it a pasta dish, lasagna , pizza etc etc . Argentina does not have a monopoly on Italian food at all and like Argentina Melbourne Australia has 100s of cafes that serve some italian dish on their menu.
I can assure you that the italian food in good restaurants and good cafes in Melbourne is of the highest quality and superior in flavour to what is found in Argentina .

There are various websites that you can find on google of the best italian restaurants outside Italy and in the top 10 there is not one Argentinian but there are many from your hated USA . By the way there are many people in the USA who do eat very healthy not everyone is obese this is a gross exagerration . I have looked at 100s of restaurant guides on Italian food and never has one Argentinian italian restaurant made a top 10 list . Im sorry Fdipo but the quality of italian food in Argentina while good and wholesome is not the best in the world by a long shot .

https://www.thedailymeal.com/travel/10-best-italian-restaurants-outside-italy-slideshow/slide-10 ( 4 from the USA and none from Argentina)
http://theitalianmagazine.com/9-great-italian-restaurants/

Last edited:
Do

Do you know how complex the flavors and spices of Mexican food are and how well considered it is by chefs around the world? You say Americans think they know it all, when, with your comment, you are acting like you you do. Also, your proeuropean bias and smallmindedness are showing.

https://www.theworlds50best.com/
The reality is that Mexico food is one one of the most sophisticated cuisines of the world and is a lot more than just tacos and enchiladas . Mexico City has incredible restaurants from low end to high end .
In the top 50 best restaurants in the world list it is very telling that there is not one argentinian restaurant but there is one australian restaurant, 2 mexican restaurants, 3 peruvian restaurants , 6 usa restaurants , and 7 spanish restaurants .
Spain came out number one and I am not surprised as their quality of their food is top notch.

Last edited:
Not sure how to even address a post that's so wrong. So I'm just going to address this quote, which is the most wrong part. Practically every second restaurant in Buenos Aires has Italian food. The idea that there's only '332 Italian restaurants' in Buenos Aires is patently ridiculous when you consider that Italian food is almost always HALF THE MENU in any Argentine restaurant! Even parillas have pasta menus 2 pages long while every restaurant serves you bread on the table (which is a tradition that comes direct from Italy) etc. Italian food in Argentina is generally not marked as specifically 'Italian' food, because it's been integrated so strongly into the local cuisine.

This fact shows clearly that Italian identity is a core part of both the general culture and the gastronomy in Argentina. In all the places you listed, Italian food is specifically marked as such (and is for the most part utter Spaghetti and Meatballs, Alfredo etc style anglicised garbage), while in Argentina, the Italian influence is so strong it's just considered everyday Argentine food.

sorry, but i don't consider those versions of gnocchis, sorrentinos, or raviolis as "italian food". italian influenced, sure, but it's almost as if 90% of restaurants that offer some of those dishes are all serving the same things. there is hardly any variety.

sorry, but i don't consider those versions of gnocchis, sorrentinos, or raviolis as "italian food". italian influenced, sure, but it's almost as if 90% of restaurants that offer some of those dishes are all serving the same things. there is hardly any variety.

I lived in a middle class suburb in Sydney with many italian neighbours that would serve me incredible italian foods that are very rarely seen here . The variety you see is never ever seen in Buenos Aires . In my middle class suburb I grew up many italian nonnas would cook very elaborate dishes . Gnocci and sorrentinos were never seen but eggplant parmigana , elaborate seafood dishes , and lasagna dishes were common . Argentina has great simple foods and some excellent parillas . I also believe that the icecream is the worlds best as well as their wines and chocolates from Bariloche are superb . I do not believe for a moment that the italian food in Argentina is very authentic nor world class . Gnocchi and Sorrentinos are filler foods and are eaten when there is nothing better to eat . My neighbours never cooked for me spagetti and meatballs neither . It was elaborate authentic italian food that came from the homeland using the incredible ingredients that Australia offers . I have been to over 50 italian restaurants in Buenos Aires and only enjoyed maybe 5 this is my reality .

This is a menu list from an upmarket italian restaurant in Sydney . I like someone to post a similar menu from Argentina if this is possible ? Most italian restaurants seem to have the same menu in Buenos Aires with little variations .

BUFALA con RUCOLA, POMODORINI e PROSCIUTTO Buffalo milk mozzarella, rocket, cherry tomato, prosciutto BURRATA con FINOCCHIO Burrata, fennel, blood orange, mint FUNGHI, PISELLI e RICOTTA SALATA Swiss brown mushrooms, green peas, mint, ricotta salata SALAME VENETO con POLENTA Fried salami veneto, polenta, parmigiano CARPACCIO di MANZO con BARBABIETOLA Beef carpaccio, beetroot, goat cheese, horseradish, polenta CANNELLINI con MOSCARDINI Baby octopus, cannellini, rosemary oil

RIGATONI al RAGU Rigatoni with pork, beef and chicken ragu, tomato BUCATINI ALL’ AMATRICIANA Bucatini, pancetta, tomato, chilli, pecorino SPAGHETTI alle COZZE Spaghetti, black mussels, cherry tomato, white wine, basil, chilli TORTELLI con ZUCCA Tortelli, pumpkin, fontina, butter, sage PAPPARDELLE con RAGU di MAIALE Pappardelle, pork, white wine, tomato, parsley PESCE con TOPINAMBUR Market fish, jerusalem artichoke, brussel sprouts, broad beans INSALATE – Select 2 TREVISANA, ASPARAGI, PARMIGIANO e LIMONE Treviso, asparagus, parmesan, lemon CAVOLO ROSSO, UVETTA, DOLCE LATTE e NOCI Red cabbage, raisins, dolce latte, walnuts, aged balsamic LATTUGA ROMANA, POMODORINI, CETRIOLO, OLIVE Baby cos, tomato, basil, cucumber, onion, olives DOLCI – Select 2 CREMINO al CIOCCOLATO Chocolate and hazelnut, salted caramel gelato, Italian meringue BIGNE’ con CREMA Bignè, vanilla custard, white chocolate, strawberry, balsamic SEMIFREDDO al TORRONCINO Nougat, chocolate, pistachio, orange

Last edited:
I lived in a middle class suburb in Sydney with many italian neighbours that would serve me incredible italian foods that are very rarely seen here . The variety you see is never ever seen in Buenos Aires . In my middle class suburb I grew up many italian nonnas would cook very elaborate dishes . Gnocci and sorrentinos were never seen but eggplant parmigana , elaborate seafood dishes , and lasagna dishes were common . Argentina has great simple foods and some excellent parillas . I also believe that the icecream is the worlds best as well as their wines and chocolates from Bariloche are superb . I do not believe for a moment that the italian food in Argentina is very authentic nor world class . Gnocchi and Sorrentinos are filler foods and are eaten when there is nothing better to eat . My neighbours never cooked for me spagetti and meatballs neither . It was elaborate authentic italian food that came from the homeland using the incredible ingredients that Australia offers . I have been to over 50 italian restaurants in Buenos Aires and only enjoyed maybe 5 this is my reality .

This is a menu list from an upmarket italian restaurant in Sydney . I like someone to post a similar menu from Argentina if this is possible ? Most italian restaurants seem to have the same menu in Buenos Aires with little variations .

BUFALA con RUCOLA, POMODORINI e PROSCIUTTO Buffalo milk mozzarella, rocket, cherry tomato, prosciutto BURRATA con FINOCCHIO Burrata, fennel, blood orange, mint FUNGHI, PISELLI e RICOTTA SALATA Swiss brown mushrooms, green peas, mint, ricotta salata SALAME VENETO con POLENTA Fried salami veneto, polenta, parmigiano CARPACCIO di MANZO con BARBABIETOLA Beef carpaccio, beetroot, goat cheese, horseradish, polenta CANNELLINI con MOSCARDINI Baby octopus, cannellini, rosemary oil

RIGATONI al RAGU Rigatoni with pork, beef and chicken ragu, tomato BUCATINI ALL’ AMATRICIANA Bucatini, pancetta, tomato, chilli, pecorino SPAGHETTI alle COZZE Spaghetti, black mussels, cherry tomato, white wine, basil, chilli TORTELLI con ZUCCA Tortelli, pumpkin, fontina, butter, sage PAPPARDELLE con RAGU di MAIALE Pappardelle, pork, white wine, tomato, parsley PESCE con TOPINAMBUR Market fish, jerusalem artichoke, brussel sprouts, broad beans INSALATE – Select 2 TREVISANA, ASPARAGI, PARMIGIANO e LIMONE Treviso, asparagus, parmesan, lemon CAVOLO ROSSO, UVETTA, DOLCE LATTE e NOCI Red cabbage, raisins, dolce latte, walnuts, aged balsamic LATTUGA ROMANA, POMODORINI, CETRIOLO, OLIVE Baby cos, tomato, basil, cucumber, onion, olives DOLCI – Select 2 CREMINO al CIOCCOLATO Chocolate and hazelnut, salted caramel gelato, Italian meringue BIGNE’ con CREMA Bignè, vanilla custard, white chocolate, strawberry, balsamic SEMIFREDDO al TORRONCINO Nougat, chocolate, pistachio, orange

for me, so far the best italian place i've found is cucina paradiso. i would give an arm for a plate of their pesto tagliatelle

https://www.cucinaparadiso.com/menu-1

That's just not true at all, immigrant communities are the ones who couldn't afford maids. I know dozens of 3rd generation Italians in Argentina who have secret recipes passed down from their Italian abuelas that are amazing. Argentina is absolutely chock full of Italian restaurants that make their own pasta, along with pasta shops that sell fresh homemade pasta around every single corner (something you don't see anywhere else in the world but Italy and Argentina). Just because Milanesa is popular doesn't mean the Italian food isn't also plentiful and good. And by the way, Milanesa itself is an Italian dish, and in Italy it also has a side of papas fritas. So even THAT is VERY italian.

This country has the best Italian food that isn't made by first-generation Italians in the world. It's much much much better than the Italian food in the Anglo diaspora and has retained a lot more of its original characteristics, likely due to the much higher concentration of immigrants from Italy. The only big difference is the Pizza, but Argentine pizza has taken on its own identity and is now very much its own, unique thing, which is also a sign of a healthy gastronomic environment, since most other Latin American countries just serve US-style pizza.[/QUOTe
This couldn’t be further from the truth -

You guys are funny.

I have never had a bad meal in Mexico. And its impossible to have a bad meal in Japan.
On the other hand, the last time I was in Italy, I had a couple of spectacularly failed takes on "italian food". Once, in Bologna, and once in Rome. I think in general Italy still has one of the best chances of getting good food in any random village as the best of them.

But I stand by my opinion that, anywhere, the best food requires some searching.

As for good Carne, I recently ate at Somos Asados, on Scalibrini near Loyola. Its small, modern, casual, and kickass. No fancy hotel waiters fawning over you, or 300 peso cocktails. Its a hipster 21st century chef, with his own curing and aging room right in front, halves of beef aging to his exact specs, who makes amazing food. Not traditional, but instead global gourmet. The 190 peso lunch specials are great. His provoleta is one of the best I have ever had. His matambrita empanada is worth going for there alone. Havent been for the full on bife dinner session, but I will. I will.

Back