Best Carne Restaurants

I enjoyed my meal at Somos Asados, but I will return and try it at dinner, and see if I agree with your critiques or not. Certainly, I could have gotten just the right thing the first time, and missed the "low quality meat". I will check it out and see.

I have been to Italy several times for lengthy stays. The so called Italian food in Argentina is Argentine food,not Italian food. It may have Italian lineage, but it is not Italian.
Maybe you have been,most have not.And italian pizza,is not good and the past is hard and chewy,due to being done with different wheat

Maybe you have been,most have not.And italian pizza,is not good and the past is hard and chewy,due to being done with different wheat

Best pizzas I've had were in Italy and Berlin (of all places)...Argentina's typical oil-filled sponge crusts ruin it for me. Even the crisper crust pizzas are topped with the oiliest of cheese...I'd rather add spiced oil to my pizza that to drink the white cheese oil in the crust.

I've now lost my appetite. Thanks.

By the way...back to meat restaurants...anyone know what happened to El Tejano? Had a craving for brisket that now will now be tended to by an unknown...Bulls Barbecue. Anyone tried this place?

By the way...back to meat restaurants...anyone know what happened to El Tejano? Had a craving for brisket that now will now be tended to by an unknown...Bulls Barbecue. Anyone tried this place?
Go to the old Tejeno, now called Lekka, he worked with Tejeno and the brisket is great ( at least it was 4 months ago)
Nancy

It's Lekker BBQ. Honduras 4416, near Julian Alverez.
El Tejano moved to Ricoletta and I'm pretty sure it's closed.
We ate at Bull's last year and it was good, owner was nice.

T/

Not sure how to even address a post that's so wrong. So I'm just going to address this quote, which is the most wrong part. Practically every second restaurant in Buenos Aires has Italian food. The idea that there's only '332 Italian restaurants' in Buenos Aires is patently ridiculous when you consider that Italian food is almost always HALF THE MENU in any Argentine restaurant! Even parillas have pasta menus 2 pages long while every restaurant serves you bread on the table (which is a tradition that comes direct from Italy) etc. Italian food in Argentina is generally not marked as specifically 'Italian' food, because it's been integrated so strongly into the local cuisine.

This fact shows clearly that Italian identity is a core part of both the general culture and the gastronomy in Argentina. In all the places you listed, Italian food is specifically marked as such (and is for the most part utter Spaghetti and Meatballs, Alfredo etc style anglicised garbage), while in Argentina, the Italian influence is so strong it's just considered everyday Argentine food.

This is one of Argentinas most well italian chef giving his take of Italian food in Argentina . I suggest that you read it

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2202610...-italiana-hecha-en-la-argentina-es-un-invento

I finally made it to Don Julio, and I was not particularly impressed.
Sure, the meat was good. But I have had equal or better quality at five or six other restaurants in town, usually for 2/3 or even 1/2 the price. It is extremely expensive, but not significantly higher quality than a bunch of other good parillas.
And, while they have a good asadero- they dont seem to have a chef.
Pretty much the only thing they have besides Asado is grilled zucchini and a couple of other veggies- and they are completely uninspired- when you get grilled vegetables in Italy, for example, they are grilled with herbs and maybe garlic, brushed with olive oil, salt and pepper. These are just plain- and as expensive as a good bife in another restaurant.

The competition, from places like Proper, for example, which serves a 1000gram bife for the same prices as Don Julio's 400gram version, and then, has an entire gourmet menu in addition, means Don Julio cant really just rest on its old laurels any more.

Plus, its about 75% clueless tourists.

It has this lost in time, 60s throwback attitude, but it didnt wow me, especially for the price.

Back