Best Italian Food?

MorganF said:
The claaaaaaaassic is Guido's. Cabello just off of Republica de la India, I believe. Old-school style. Awesome service (by Argie standards at least). They just bring out lots and lots and lots of plates and stuff you. You enter into a different world. Two thumbs up.

Favorite of Governor of South Carolina. Remember the scandal?

I've eaten in Marcelo in Puerto Madero at least a hundred times and never been disappointed. The warm seafood salad is one of the highlights along with the prawns in garlic and the grilled octopus. Pastas are all excellent and most dishes are very large and designed to share so the prices are half what they appear.

Miles Lewis said:
I've eaten in Marcelo in Puerto Madero at least a hundred times and never been disappointed. The warm seafood salad is one of the highlights along with the prawns in garlic and the grilled octopus. Pastas are all excellent and most dishes are very large and designed to share so the prices are half what they appear.

Yeah ate there friday night and it was amazing.. the octopus was jaw dropping... actually I would give the food 5 stars. The service is good too but not state side 5 stars. Its strage to watch waiters trying to act like waiters. Not anyone will uderstand that but I see it all the time here.

I should add a surprising find I recently discovered--especially for those who want to take a drive out into the campo.

The town of Baradero has a restaurant called Luigi--Italian chef married to an Argentine woman. The restaurant sits on a chunk of land with moss-covered trees and a large open area with shaded tables. The owner makes the pasta and breads from scratch. I ordered the pesto--awesome. The noodles were actually al dente! Great place, friendly wait staff, great food.

I'll second Guido's and throw in Guido's Bar on Republics de la India.

Let the complaining begin!

I love Sottovocce (on Libertador). A little pricey - but amazing home made pasta. Also - Piegari is good if you have a group. While the prices may seem high -- each dish is actually big enough for two very hungry people. The waiters even tell you this before you order! Piegari has 2 locations right across the same street from each other...however one is a parilla (steak house).

you wont go wrong with my favorite...PIEGARI

4326-9654/9430
Direccion: Posadas 1042, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Web: http://www.piegari.com.ar/

pricey but HUGE portions...so share! my favorite

Back